Jivetalk Beta

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jefflai2, Nov 12, 2007.

1. jefflai2

jefflai2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    anyone having problems with Jivetalk Beta ??

i'm using iPod Touch 16gb and have been using jivetalk for instant messaging but recently i haven't been able to reach their website but there's no problem with my iPod Touch on Safari browsing. so may i ask if it's the problem with Beejive's Website or is it a problem with my iPod Touch? i've tried clearing the cache, history and cookies but it still won't load. any help would b much appreciated ... thanks~
  2. jefflai2

jefflai2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    nobody having problems using jivetalk? point my safari browser to iphone.beejive.com but returned an invalid certificate from the site then it stopped loading. any advice? Thanks
  3. rebelxtnut

rebelxtnut New Member

I had the same problem. But it dont matter. I just installed the native chat app. Its avaliable on the installer. Its much better than beejive. Well its faster atleast and it cuts down on wifi usage because if no safari and stuff. So therefore more battery. Hope I helped

Written on an ipod touch
  4. jefflai2

jefflai2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i prefer using BeeJive as my messenger because other applications such as Apollo or MobileChat is not that reliable. Apollo crashes once in a while and MobileChat doesn't really show online buddy lists correctly ... i'm using it for msn messaging ... pls do hope that BeeJive can be fixed soon ... thanks~
  5. chrismoore100

chrismoore100 New Member

where is the native chat app on installer
  6. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    @chrismoore100: you'll find them under the network category, either apollo or mobile chat

I tried out mobile chat today and was very frustrated to find that it froze my ipod three times while using it. i was not a happy camper. I like apollo better, but it doesn't let me add buddies (I couldn't find how anyway) and the project has been closed so there aren't going to be anymore updates for it.

i want a native chat app that will notify me of new messages when it is running in the background or that it will at least show how many messages are waiting while on the springboard (like apollo does now). That would be ideal. I wish I could make one myself, but I don't know how to code.

I'm gunna stick with apollo for now, but I would love to see either an update for mobile chat that fixes the crashing issue, or a new native IM client.
  7. ramcosca

ramcosca New Member

I suggest resetting Safari and trying again. Many problems are solved by a reset.
  8. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I havn't really had any problems with jivetalk, I love it. Way better layed out then any of the native apps. I use it over the others for the fact that I can have a wide screen keyboard, none of the others have that.
  9. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    the wide keyboard is a feature of safari, not jivetalk. You can use it with flickim.com or meebo because they're web based as well. My favorite is jivetalk I gave up on apollo but I'm just pointing it out that its safari that offers the landscape keyboard not the wbsite.
  10. jefflai2

jefflai2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    restarting safari works

Please Register or Log in to view images

cheerz!!! jivetalk is my favourite im for msn in ipod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images