Jirbo Break

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by MeleeMan101, Jul 15, 2008.

1. MeleeMan101

MeleeMan101 Banned

Name: Break
    Icon:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Price: FREE
    Purpose: Break the little bricks with the ping pong ball. The classic game:

A classic game, completely screwed over. It almost saddens me.
    The little animal bricks help it no further. With Chickens, Cows, Dogs, Sheep, etc, this game is probably based around the needs of 3 year olds.

Casting aside the bricks, and the childish theme, we examine game play. It's quite simple. Hold the pad with your finger, and swipe to bounce the ball. Twist your finger, and the pad twists, so that you get an angle and slight spin on the ball. When the ball bounces off the pad, it hits a brick, and the brick is either destroyed or weakened. The game gets quite exhilarating after several levels, and the touch screen is extremely sensitive. This makes it quite fun, and, when you lose, its quite frustrating. However, the game gives you 9 lives, so the game lasts at least 4 levels. If you can't get up to the 4th level, you phail. The game is quite simple to play, has good controls, but lacks the accelerometer settings. It has a slightly childish theme, so you and your younger sibling might enjoy it. Its a great free game, and you should check it out. If you don't like it, just erase it,, like I am now. It's worth a few minutes of fun, right?

Overall, 3/5, -.5 for theme, and -1.5 for no goddamn accelerometer.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I was impressed with the game, considering it was free, but had dignity.
  3. MeleeMan101

MeleeMan101 Banned

True. Anything free either is REALLY GOOD like WeatherBug, or SuxAss like this one. Or avatar, by Jirbo.
  4. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this game is really great. i love it. and i couldnt believe it was free!??!?!? if any developer had this game they would sell it for at least 5 bucks! this game is a really great deal and more people should download it. I have heard though that Jirbo is a sneaky company that was cheating to get there apps up first in the alphabetical order or something. but this app is great
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Compared to most other free games in the AppStore, this one is damn decent.
  6. MeleeMan101

MeleeMan101 Banned

Jirbo is evil and sneaky, so I get all apps, and then keep them in my inventory. I think it should be downloaded before it costs anything, but should not waste springboard space. Play Aurora Feint instead. It's much better. I may make another review of another Jirbo game, like Arcade or Jive or jam, which are not free anymore...
  7. Fadakar

Fadakar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    This has to be the most terrible review yet. All you do is trash it for a whole paragraph and at the end you say it's okay. I wish I had the patience to write one because this is a damn good game, not to mention it's free too.
  8. chinook

chinook New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I agree with you. I think the touch screen is way too sensitive. though it wouldnt go that well with the acceleraometer either. I didn't like this game all that much. It was fun fun for a little while but then got tedious. I deleted it but when i synced to itunes it came back

9. MeleeMan101

MeleeMan101 Banned

I don't trash it. I simply exagerate the badness of some points of this game which struck me at first. I played the game for 20 minutes, and wrote about the things I hated about it, like the animals (we iPod touch holders ain't 4 year olds), and the touch screen sensitivity. If I were you, I'd crack an app, or buy Super pong, which I did, too.
    The apps always come back, unless you delete them everywhere. The accelerometer is tedious, and so is the game, like I said go buy Super Pong, its only 2 bucks. Much better, cooler, etc. Or crack something..hehe.
    (no banhammer intended)
  10. Siforest65

Siforest65 New Member

I quite like the game and for a free app it is one of the better ones.

One feature I do like is if you need to stop playing, it remebers where you were when you next play and gives you the option to continue or start a new game.