Jiggy IDE

Discussion in 'Jiggy Runtime Development' started by pjbarnoy, Dec 30, 2007.

1. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When the Jiggy App and Runtime came out, the first thing I thought about was "How can I take this amazing application development on the road?"

My second thought was an ASUS Eee PC, for it's mobility.

Can anybody think of perhaps an even smaller unit that would be able to handle the Jiggy IDE, but that's still affordable (i.e. under US$300-400 and not the ~US$2400 Sony Vaio UX)? I don't really want to spend that much on this, what with the SDK apparently coming out soon, but I would like to be able to develop applications on a train or something.

Obviously this device would need WiFi capabilities and a built-in web browser, and ideally would have a keyboard built-in/attachable add-on keyboard.
  2. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

3. computerwiz_222

computerwiz_222 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol that laptop is GREAT, is it wifi?

I have a similar system it is VERY simple... 95, 100 MHz (Pentium 1), 8 mb, 2 gb hard drive - BUT NO WIFI!!, I can't find a card that will fit into the pre-cardbus slots...
  4. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

2gb hard drive! Mine has a 4gb! Haha!

Besides that, everything's the same.

Same issue with wifi, however.

Anyone have any good wifi cards that'll fit this machine?
  5. computerwiz_222

computerwiz_222 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To be honest, I do have a wifi card for it but the software is very difficult to configure on 95... So i rarely use it on this machine.

If you are looking for wifi, look for the "Cisco Aironet 340 Series PCMCIA Adapter".

If you can work out the software from cisco, then it will work. Only once have I ever been able to successfully configure it...