Jiggy for iPhone OS 2.x

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Louix, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Louix

Louix New Member

Yeah, I know, this has probably been posted a billion times, but I really do miss Jiggy!!!

I am strongly requesting that somebody more knowledgeable than myself in the field of development port the Jiggy runtime (and IDE if you can) to 2.x.

I don't know about you, but I, and probably a lot of other addicted Jiggy developers, miss Jiggy really much.
  2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

oh hells no.
  3. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

ok let me clarify why this is really not such a good idea, and how unstable this can be in some cases.

Jiggy, the system of javascript iPhone application writing, is structured like so:

The bundle executable - This is an objective-c written executable, that uses something in coding called "fopen", to read and parse the contents of a file. This is used in cases like categories, where bigboss uses fopen to read the txt file that contains all the categories, and reads the main.js file. this binary opens the jiggy libraries located in another part of the filesystem, and can use their functions.

The jiggy libraries - These are the base of jiggy, and are referred to as jigglins. they are dynamic libraries written in objective-c, and compiled with an arm compiler, which in our case, would be a toolchain. these are "links" from the binary to the frameworks, like UIKit.

that is my understanding of it. a lot of things have changed in the frameworks, makign this an even bigger pain to port, unless the original source was posted by the creator. i started a very bare base of something like this, called Universal(platform). it reads a data property list in the bundle that makes the app do differnet things. i could set it up to read everyting in an array of the data list, and there have it create items as jiggy would, but i would have hardly nowhere to post documentation on how to use it.

-John
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can hear it now. The hordes of people on the forum. A Resounding Huge Voice saying:

NO.
  5. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lol, jigglins.
  6. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    tee hee.
    um, i feel inclined to say you smell like dude eggs.

i didnt take my medicine today.
  7. nate853

nate853 New Member

lmao isnt dude eggs from jackass??

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Tariomaster

Tariomaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, Jiggy, had very SUCKY apps. Apps came out almost every day, which means that every single one of them was just "Yo Mama", or "Chuck Norris jokes", all, which weren't very ammusing.
  9. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

filebrowser is a really good app.
  10. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

It also crashed often. MobileFinder for 2.0 does everything FileBrowser did except edit text files or extract RAR archives.