JBing itouch 2: need same computer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by QRSatan, Feb 5, 2009.

1. QRSatan

QRSatan New Member

So basically i have never jailbroken an ipod/iphone before and i just recently got the ipod touch 2g. i currently am running windows vista 64bit home premium and i noticed that alot of people are having problems with 64bit. my friend has a 32bit laptop and i was wondering if i jailbreak my ipod on his computer can i still sync it with mine and never use his again?
  2. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well for the jailbreak you need to boot it up everytime. So i would recommend trying it on the 64 bit or else you'll have to use the laptop every time you wanna boot it.
  3. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wron, you can reboot from any computer/laptop. Just use a one click boot program. But you have to have libusb install. (Libusb is what causing all of this jailbreaking stuff not to be compatibility with Vista to well.)
  4. QRSatan

QRSatan New Member

Well i read on how to jailbreak your ipod touch 2g with vista and wat to do im just curious wat u mean by rebooting. i get the term reboot but i have never even turned my ipod off for the last month i had it. do i have to reboot frequently when im jailbroken?
  5. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yep.
    And if you can't do it.
    Just get a one click booter like he said and lilusb.
    I use the redsn0w V_1.5 booter from cyw00d so it comes with lilusb and C+++
    So I stuck it on my flashdrive and everywhere i go [mostly school]
    I have a booter.
    :]

Edit: Booting = When you turn the iPod off, restart it, battery dies, or a app freezes it. And no. You only have to reboot if something unexpected happens
  6. Dattu

Dattu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can jailbreak on one computer and sync with another. That's what I did since I have 64-bit Vista (libUSB doesn't like 64-bit OSes). I jailbroke it on my 32-bit Vista, then synched it to the 64-bit one. Just remember that you'll need to be on a 32-bit OS to reboot.
  7. QRSatan

QRSatan New Member

ok so by the looks of it, my battery never dies before im recharging it and i never turn it off so ill be good until an app freezes. about the lilusb file though, i heard with 64bit it will actually make everything mess up and i cant use usb connectors.

i like your idea with the flash drive and school and i always have on on me neways for school so i might do that.

so my next question is, can i still sync my music on the ipod even without all those jailbreak files, like lilusb?

and im assuming i can still recharge it nomatter wat usb to power supply i use.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    wow while i was typing, dattu answered everything i needed.

well thanks alot guys im sure this will help other 64bit users too

Please Register or Log in to view images