JB'd 1.1.3 acting strange..

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by zerogun, Apr 7, 2008.

1. zerogun

zerogun New Member

hey guys, I have a jb'd 1.1.3 and more recently the ipot's been acting mad strange.

First: I've noticed an decrease in battery life significantly without any background apps or wifi/ssh running in standby mode. Significant by definition of a full charge going to 10% battery in a day without ANY use.

Second: When I push the standby button mode, the screen doesn't turn off, it just dims and I see the ghost image of my wallpaper along with the slide bar. The screen is non functional at this point until I press the standby button again.

I only started noticing this problem shortly after I installed some programs off Installer called Wallpaper and Apollo I believe. Now I'm not blaming these programs, but these are merely my observations to possibly clarify the problem I'm experiencing.

So, what's going on with my iPot? Any fixes to this other than re-jailbreaking the thing? Thanks ahead of time guys.
  2. melefire

melefire New Member

Thats very odd, you must have some backround thing running on your ipod.... Try downloading a app called SysInfo and check for unusual backround processes.
  3. zerogun

zerogun New Member

just got SysInfo, thanks

I also forgot to mention I also installed the GPS navigation program...and thanks to your wise advice, I think the GPS program was running in the background the whole time (without realizing)

I'll come back again with an update tomorrow

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. zerogun

zerogun New Member

alright, it's not even the next day and I know already who the culprit was...it was the GPS program running in the background draining my batts to death!

It was also making the iPot act really weird (look above for symptoms). After removing it, my problems all disappeared (at least for now). I will post once more tomorrow to make a finalized confirmation of my suspicion.

Thanks again for suggesting SysInfo, if it wasn't for your suggestion, I would've just re-jailbroken my iPot and wasted another half a day setting it up!
  5. zerogun

zerogun New Member

hello again!

So, it's been close to a day now, and the battery is fine. No drainage whatsoever. So it appears to me that if you have Navizon (GPS program installed) and have it enabled, it will suck the living life out of the batteries in a day without any use; regardless of whether or not wifi is activated too!

It not only kills battery, it seems to cause other more serious issues with screen ghosting when you try to go into standby mode.

Another issue I failed to mention early yesterday was that after using installer (when I had Navizon installed), I would press the home button to restart summerboard. After the restart almost all my programs stopped functioning all together. I could get into the program, but everything inside the program failed to receive any input at all, namely Settings in particular.

Having removed Navizon all those issues I was experiencing before have completely gone. woohoo! Thanks!

Coles Notes: A jailbroken 1.1.3 8gb iPod Touch with Navizon (GPS program) installed caused extreme battery drainage regardless of wifi on or not, and brought along a list of other problems such as screen ghosting and inoperable programs.
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

the dimming thing happened tgo me today - now I have to restore!

but its all good, now I can try out fw 1.1.3/1.1.4