JB noobie questions again :)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Bulbuzor, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    JB questions

Hello guys!

OK so first, I know you've been asked this 5 thousands time, but I'm searching on google and on IPTF forums and didn't really found what I precisely want, so I've decided to ask directly my questions.

So, I'd like to JB my 2gen iPod Touch (? ( http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1860702#post1860702 )), I haven't updated it yet to 3.1.1. (I think where can I see that?)
    Is it possible to damage your iTouch while JBing it, or worst to kill it?
    It void the warranty no?
    Should I wait some time before JBing it to make sure my iPod is working correctly?
    If yes about how much time?
    What can you really do with it, I mean the customizing stuff?
    Is it dangerous to customize it?
    I've read a lot of time "third part apps", what's that?
    From where does we get the new available apps?
    Are they free?
    Who is doing does apps?
    Is it possible that an app have a virus or something like that? (for the iPod)
    Are the apps/games of great quality? (graphics etc)
    Are they like the paid apps from iTunes? (approx)
    Can we still use iTunes? Can I still use iTunes directly from the iPod?
    Where do I go in the iPod to download apps? Is it like the app store?
    Does it eat batteries?
    There's (about) how much apps?
    Is it hard to JB?

Finally, does it worth it?

Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I know I've put 5 million questions but it's mostly yes/no questions

Regards,
    Nikola (Bulbuzor is the name of my iPod LOL

)
  2. Schtac

Schtac Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it possible to damage your iTouch while JBing it, or worst to kill it? Nope it is not, and if you get some problems just put your iPod into DFU mode and problem solved

It void the warranty no?I have heard that if you jailbreak your iPod warranty is gone, but you can always restore it.

Should I wait some time before JBing it to make sure my iPod is working correctly?I donĀ“t thinkg so
    If yes about how much time?---

What can you really do with it, I mean the customizing stuff? The main purpose of jailbreaking is that you can customize the look of your iPod.

Is it dangerous to customize it?Nope

I've read a lot of time "third part apps", what's that? They are applications from people that has nothing to do with apple and the app store, in other words, they are app that you will not find on the app store

From where does we get the new available apps? What you mean?
    Are they free? ??

Who is doing does apps? People like the ones who does apps that appear on the app store

Is it possible that an app have a virus or something like that? (for the iPod)Nope
    Are the apps/games of great quality? (graphics etc)The ones you can get when jailbreaking, I think not

Are they like the paid apps from iTunes? They are all free (The emulators do cost money)

Can we still use iTunes? Can I still use iTunes directly from the iPod? Yes
    Where do I go in the iPod to download apps? Is it like the app store? To download app store apps go to the app store, if you mean the jailbreak apps go to cydia

Does it eat batteries? yes it does

There's (about) how much apps? I have no idea, manly the things you will find when jailbreaking is: Themes and tweaks (like five icon dock and such)

Is it hard to JB? Its pretty easy

Finally, does it worth it? Of course it is

I hope I answered correctly your questions hehe

3. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks man for answering ne

so actually the games are of pretty bad quality? (written from my touch

). Edit: oh yeah, also, does I download the apps directly from the touch or on the computer?
  4. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, jailbreaking isn't for games, the App Store is your best bet for high-quality games.

And you can download the apps from either. There will be an application on your iPod called 'Cydia' that will allow you to download jailbroken apps. Or you can download .app files through the computer and manually add them using SSH.
  5. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the reason why theres no great quality games from cydia, is that the SDK has guidelines to prevent the developer from releasing stuff outside the appstore.

and to the OP, try not to overload your idevice with too much stuff, like themes, tweaks, daemons and so on.

and, your profile says your on 3.1.1, so you have 2 options, either downgrade to 3.0 and jailbreak nao, or wait a little til the devtem/chronic/geohot releases a jalibreaking tool for the 2g
  6. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'll probably wait the new pack and by the time see if my touch works ok. So what kind of apps is it? Other then customizing? I guess this also allow doing your own apps no?

. Thanks buddies

oh and btw, what does SDK and OP means?^^
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I've just forgot to ask, hum, when I have jailbraken apps on my iPod and I sync it on iTunes, will the JBen apps be transfered on my library or it (iTunes) will ignore them?

Edit: oh and btw, I forgot to say that I have a 3.1, not 3.1.1