JB iPod Touch 2g stuck on boot screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrducky34, Jul 9, 2009.

1. mrducky34

mrducky34 New Member

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with this problem.
    I have a Jailbroken iPod Touch 2g, running on either 2.2 or 2.2.1 firmware, not sure, it was jailbroken with QuickFreedom or something like that
    I've used this iPod jailbroken for a year or so, and this is the first time that it's stuck on the boot logo, and I can't seem to fix it, even after multiple restarts
    I've tried a few of the solutions here, like the one where you remove the watchdog file by using SSH, but that hasn't worked for me, it just keeps getting stuck at the boot screen.

The weird thing is, my computer recognizes my iPod. It makes the "pinging" sound when my iPod is conencted and sees it as a camera (normal). It also shows up on my router's attached devices, which means it's connected to the internet and has an IP address. I can SSH into it, and iTunes recognizes my iPod completely normally and shows the music, videos, memory, etc.

So now I have no idea what to do. Does anybody have any ideas?

Oh, and this started right after I was syncing some apps to my iPod thru iTunes, and at first it showed it synced normally, then the iPod randomly restarted and that's where I am.

EDIT: When it's stuck on the booting screen, after about 10 minutes, there is a white flash and the iPod starts rebooting again.

EDIT 2: Is there anyway to do this without restoring? I'd like not to restore if at all possible.
  2. PurpleRa1n

PurpleRa1n Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    restore to your current firmware if your computer/iTunes recognizes it

or upgrade to 3.0 and jailbreak
  3. mrducky34

mrducky34 New Member

Is there anyway I can fix it without restoring or upgrading, or is that my only option at this point?
  4. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There's hope. I'm new here but knlotslot about iPod touch. Anyway here is what might help: isafecopy. If you can still ssh, this will make a backup of jailbroken data and when you restore and rejailbreak just install ssh connect to isafecopy and hit restore. That's what I used. Warning: reboot or respring manually.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I shouldve gave this earlier:http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/IPhone/iSafeCopy.shtml. This is the link. If you want detailed instructions just ask and I'll post them.
  5. mrducky34

mrducky34 New Member

Thanks for the link, Appman. I've just decided to back up what I can, then go ahead and restore.
  6. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I shouldve told you earlier , but check your backup files and what's in them to make sure everything was backed up. I think you can backup from multiple files.
  7. DEO92

DEO92 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how exactly do you remove the watchdog file
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    nevermind, that was a dumb question