iPhone 4 JB Iphone 4 help please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Normanyo, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Normanyo

Normanyo New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Hi everyone. This is my first post in this forum and I joined specifically to seek help. I have a jailbroken Iphone 4 JB using jailbreakme.com with IOS 4.0.1FW. I've been having problems where I cannot install or remove packages or even delete cydia itself because the booting cycle never finishes. I can start the removal process but am left with: [piracy]
    I even tried to go the restore route but itunes will erase and upgrade automatically to 4.0.2 FW thus rendering unjailbrakable...for the moment. If I remove the faulty snes or [PIRACY] package/source, I manage to get it started, but halfway through the cycle it prompts you with an okay button which I press but the screen doesn't change after that. The okay button looks like its being pressed when you touch it (turns different color and depresses)but after all of that my screen stays the same way. I have to end up pressing the home button after 5 min. to get out of there. Cydia boots up fine after attempted renovals but the again im back to where I started of attempted installation/removal failures. please help me.
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    1. Welcome to the Forum
    2. If you are willing to restore, Download the firmware from here and shift click restore to the firmware download (Make sure to save your SHSH Blobs first tho.
    3. No Piracy.
    4. Have you tried removing the files from the locations you listed using something like iFile?
  3. Normanyo

Normanyo New Member

I am up to restoring but since it's not from my iTunes I won't get any paid apps, contacts, notes re-synced with my phone. I just tried again and it's doing the same thing. Please help me guru's out there!