JB and Backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gmgdnj, Oct 31, 2010.

1. gmgdnj

gmgdnj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ***Sorry but I have searched extensively here, probably oversearched, and can not get a clear answer***

Sorry peeps, but I am super new here with an iphone and the one I got 2 days ago is the 4. I have an iPod touch 2g that I have JB and wasn't really concerned about screwing it up (it was found in a hotel lobby and no one claimed it). But this I am nervous. Yes, I have searched and read more than I probably should have. Tutorials seem to be counter-productive due to the fact that they are not locked from posts. Everyone goes on there and posts all their personal problems and such, so I am stuck with a WTF do I do.

All I want to do is:

- JB my iPhone 4, 4.1 (8B117), 02.10.04
    - maintain my carrier lock, if I am (I have no problem with the carrier at all)
    - install my apps that I have/had on my ipod touch (at least some of them)

I know how to get around Cydia, running appsyc, sbsettings and all, that is not the concern. I just want to ensure that, for example, if I use GP RC4 that I will not lose my lock, or that 3 Italia can't suspect that I have done this. The reason I say GP RC4 is due to battery life as that seems to be the most common problem peeps have after the JB with limera1n. I prefer to make it rain as thats what I always did to my pod until updating it to 4.01.

The other part to my post is I can not, for the life of me, figure out how the hell to create a full back up of my iphone so that if something goes drastically wrong, or if I have to restore, I can. The only thing that happens is the auto backup that itunes does work. And even that I can not get a clear enough answer for me as to whether or not that is what peeps do their full restore from.

Sorry again, I know I am a godzilla noob here. But you gotta remember back when all yall were noobs, sometimes there is just TOOOOOOOOOO much information.

admin: If this has to be moved to some other place no problem.
  2. samw40

samw40 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've never used GP, so I really can't answer your questions. But I'm sure there are plenty who can. The only thing I can tell you is that you can create a backup of your device by either....

1) Sync your device
    2) Under "Devices" on the left side of iTunes, right-click your device and click "Back Up"

I'll search around for the other answers while I'm at it.... *Starts Googling*

EDIT:
    Okay, you won't lose you're lock. If you have the apps from your iPod touch on your computer, then you can sync them to your iPhone using iTunes.
  3. gmgdnj

gmgdnj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Great, thanks alot bro. My head was exploding and eyes burning from reading so dam much for the last 2 days.

Did you notice a battery life difference using limera1n?
  4. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    No one has said anything here but on a different forum some guy did a test between a jailbroken and unjailbroken iPhone 4. Unjailbroken won by about maybe 10 minutes.
  5. samw40

samw40 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't use limera1n either. I only use redsn0w and I used sn0wbreeze once. I don't think the battery problem is caused by the jailbreak tool, but rather by the packages you install.
  6. Dantas

Dantas New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have JB using GP, and i dont notice any loss on battery life, compared to l1merain and the device without jb