JB 2.0: Time and Date keeps getting reverted to 23rd July - anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by daio, Aug 1, 2008.

1. daio

daio Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It's a really strange effect but every day, whilst wandering around the office, I glance down at the iPod with the naiive hope that the time will be there, and that it'd be correct. It's usually well out and every day is the 23rd of July 2008.

A quick 'sync' with iTunes and we're back to reality again.

But some program/application is causing two strange effects with my iPod:
    1: Date and time to be reset to the time when I jailbroke the phone - the date of the custom_firmware.ipsw
    2: The back of the iPod gets incredibly hot - possibly the processor or memory overheating.

Anyone else experiencing such/similar problems/effects? I am getting really sick of doing a complete restore every few days too!
  2. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I haven't had this problem
  3. ani216

ani216 New Member

I am also having this problem with the date. I noticed that when i cancel the sync it also changes my time to like 11:20am and that day..hopefully we can find a fix on here cause that is really annoying..
  4. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes its done that to me as well, even on older firmwares. not specifically that date tholugh. the date and time varies.
  5. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    is the time and date on your com correct? Try changing the time and date manually on the iPod?
  6. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Sounds like the makings of a horror movie.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Well, for the overheating processor, you should consult an Apple employee... That could be a defect of your iPoT. Most iPod's are very stable in the sense that they rarely overheat, even when plugged in the charger for the majority of the day.
  7. ChuckMez

ChuckMez New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh sh*t, the number 23, first the movie, then the number of flavors in Dr. Pepper, THEN f***ING CHANGING YOUR iPOD'S f***ING CALENDAR DATE!!! HOLY sh*t, IT'S THE f***ING APOCALYPSE!!!... gotta.. catch.. my... breath... Ok. Ya, I have the same problem, up until 2 days ago. It will eventually go away.
  8. SupermanCS

SupermanCS New Member

I had a similar problem, in that every time I plugged my ipod cable into the touch it would change the clock to a sort of random day... it was weird

I posted about it here but never found a conclusive reason

did you make a custom fw with one of the early versions of winpwn? this may be a problem with the custom fw that was updated with the later releases of winpwn

(i had to restore my ipod to fix it)
  9. Conya

Conya Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    When my iPod was Jailbroken on 1.1.1, it screwed up heaps, I just reccomend syncing your iPod a few times, it should get better.
  10. daio

daio Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The custom ipsw file that I have was created by xwinpwn - i have been unable to get an official winpwn release working on my windows XP SP2 machine - it bombs out after writing only 24Mb of ipsw.

Anyway, very strange - not so happy about having to restore the custom ipsw AND install the jailbroken software each time. I have left out customizer this time as i found it more unstable than Stephen Hawking on a boat.

Worse still is the loss of data from games - such a highscores AND the brain training data.