JB 2.0.2 slower and laggier than normal 2.0.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Spartigus, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey
    I had stock 2.0.2 untill winpwn came out. Now i then JBd with quickpwn, and my iphone 3g became slow and laggy. I then restored it to original 2.0.2 and the lag is gone and its fast again. When apps closed and opened in normal 2.0.2, they showed that animation thingy of the app growing from the center of the screen. When i jailbroke, it didn't show that, it just jumped into the app, but it still took the same amount of time to load, and when i closed the apps, it lagged then just closed without the animation. Also in jailbroken, some apps seemed to take longer to load.

Does anyone have any evidence that JBing slows down or does nothing to the speed? Post your thoughts.

Marco
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

I think it has more to depend with what you've got running and installed more than anything else - especially since people who HAVEN'T jailbroke have reported the same issues you had (slow, crashes often).
  3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Jailbreaking wouldn't slow down the OS, only applications that you install.
    Yes, things besides fstab are patched, but it wouldn't make the OS slower.
  4. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you have winterboard installed, I have found that it slows down the animations when opening and closing apps.
  5. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I did have winterboard and 5 icon dock installed. Maybe thats why.