JB 1.1.3 Problem- Running out of disk space.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by coolacellar, Jan 27, 2008.

1. coolacellar

coolacellar New Member

So I am in the process of jail breaking my ipod to 1.1.3 without the computer, the installation bar was 6/8 of the way completed before the ''You are running of disk space.'' pop up appeared, which makes no sense to me because i only have 2.2 gigs of stuff and I have bosstool installed and all my stuff transfered to my hard drive. It has been 3+ hours. what should i do?
  2. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm, I'd make a new & Fresh Fresh Untouched 1.1.2 Jailbroken iPod touch.
    Though it'd take long I think its safe and will fix your problem.
    (P.S. while you do Freshen it up don't install any Apps other than Installer &SSH)

If you don't get what I mean "New & Fresh Untouched 1.1.2 Jailbroken Touch I'm referring to System restoring to 1.1.1 Jailbreak that, then Jailbreak 1.1.2 then finally Jailbreaking 1.1.3.
  3. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Thats the way I did it....Fresh 1.1.1 >> 1.1.2 >> 1.1.3
  4. coolacellar

coolacellar New Member

Is their any way to properly exit the installation screen, because i cant seem to do it.

Edit: NVM
  5. Exodar

Exodar New Member

i also got the problem with the running out of disk space message and it took way too long so i pressed the home button and after a while, my ipod automatically restarted.

and everything is screwed up now! all my downloaded applications are not appearing but the installer is still there. when i click on the uninstall tab, i can see all the applications that i had before but they don't appear on the main screen. all I want is to have my ipod back the way it was before, plz what should i do??

[EDIT]: i'm sure the applications did not get deleted because when i go to settings>about, the available disk space was the same as before i installed the 1.1.3 jailbreak. also, i just noticed besides "Version", it says "1.1.3 (4A93)" so was it successfully installed? and is the reason why my apps aren't appearing because the new version isn't compatible?
  6. JonathanCGS

JonathanCGS New Member

Yeah i got that message too. Now in itunes it said to "Set up your iPod" and it had either to start it as a new iPod or restore to 6:34 PM Last synced so i did the last synced one and now under my data bar or whatever it is called it is all orange and says "Other 6.43 GB Free Space 862.7 MB" no music or video or pictures just "Other" so what should i do? should i restore to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it and then 1.1.2 and jailbreak it then 1.1.3 and jailbreak it? how do i restore to 1.1.1?
  7. FlipJonesy

FlipJonesy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I would restore to 1.1.1 and do it all over again. Heres a site where you can download all the Ipod firmwares, make sure you get the Ipod Touch ones. Link

To downgrade to 1.1.1 you need to have the firmware already downloaded on your computer, then option+ click restore in Itunes on a mac, or shift+ click restore on pc?(i'm not sure its shift on windows, can anyone confirm this?)

Then follow the steps as usual, when you get the message to set up your Ipod in Itunes, choose to set it up as a new Ipod
  8. DxTania

DxTania Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry if I'm repeating, but I think the best thing to do is re-jailbreak all over again, but don't add any photos or videos or music or unnesisary(sp?) applications. Good luck :]