JB 1.1.1 to JB 1.1.2 problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by mikeTherob, Jan 26, 2008.

1. mikeTherob

mikeTherob New Member

Before I continue I would like to say ahead of time that I found nothing when trying to search and nothing in the top 3 pages with a solution to my problem.

Anyway, I am currently running a 1.1.1 jailbroken iTouch, I am using a non-intel based mac, and I am using iTunes 7.6 (I know that 7.6 doesn't work, but let me continue.) I have tried the regular touchfree process from iClarification while on 7.6, I got unknown error 5 trying to update to 1.1.2 firmware. No surprise there. Next, I download iTunes 7.5 and attempt to uninstall 7.6, however, when I put it in the trash i cannot empty trash. Instead i get an error saying

'ituneshelper.something is still in use, cannot erase files'

I decided to try to install 7.5 anyway and it doesn't work, but on a second try it does work. iTunes 7.6 is still in the trash folder by the way. Now, somehow, 7.5 has a backup of my 7.6 library so I have all of my songs, movies, etc.

Now comes the part I don't understand, when I plugged in my iPod it would not recognize it under devices. It was still 1.1.1 JB'd, but it would not show up. So I put it into recovery mode and tried to restore to 1.1.2 (I had forgoten this erases changes made by oktoprep,) I got through extracting software and an error came up. The error was 1605 or something. Anyway I did the same with 1.1.1 and it didn't work. Even when doing a regular restore I had to do it twice before it went back to 1.1.3, and then it wouldn't show up in iTunes again until I put it in restore.

I finally gave up, went back to 7.6, and got back to 1.1.1 JB'd.

::SUMMARY::
    I can't always get 7.5 to install, can't get iPod into devices list, can't switch firmware from 7.5, can't close ituneshelp.

Again,
    Non-Intel Mac (G5 I think)
    Ipod (1.1.1 Jailbroken again)
    iTunes 7.6

Thank you for reading my wall-o-text, and to anybody who can even tell me what my problem is. Really, thanks.
  2. deveelx

deveelx New Member

I'll try to help...non-mac user though..but' i'll just point things that usually done for troubleshooting.

You said you can't delete iTunes from trash becasue some itunes program is still running...hmm..did you ever try restarting your computer? Restarting will shut all programs. Also, like in windows, did you ever try Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end all iTunes and iPod programs? If you haven't try this two method. After, reboot your computer. When it's back on, try deleting iTunes from the Trash. You may also try re-installing iTunes 7.5.

It's not much of help but...oh wells. I hope you get things back to normal again.
  3. mikeTherob

mikeTherob New Member

Thank you, I had not thought of restarting the computer. Unfortunately I don't think that the ctrl alt del works the same way on mac as on windows, there is a force quit screen which simply closes out an application without saving data. Mostly it is only used in case of a freeze.

I'll try restarting some time tonight and update here with results.
  4. mikeTherob

mikeTherob New Member

Alright, looks like restarting let me install 7.5, but now my iPod still doesn't show up in iTunes. And on a side note installer isn't refreshing so I can't install SSH or oktoprep
  5. deveelx

deveelx New Member

hmm. installer should refresh anytime soon. mine hasn't refresh yet either. it's been almost 24 hours since it had refresh which is the normal refreshing time since Ste (Community Sources manager) update it.

If not then, I guess you have to force restore your iPod. Unless you wanna wait til installer refreshes.

by the way, how long do you wait when you plug in your iPod to until iTunes recognizes iPod? Mine it takes about a minute or so. Also do you have a spare computer to use? Maybe you wanna try doing whatever it is you wanna do on that spare computer.
  6. mikeTherob

mikeTherob New Member

I've had it plugged in since about midnight last night......

I've been trying to refresh from the sources menu, the upper left corner.
  7. skiikis

skiikis New Member

anyone have a link to the firmware 1.1.2 download could you post please?
  8. Frappacino

Frappacino New Member