Javascript for safari: ipod touch 2nd gen

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Spiritthing, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Spiritthing

Spiritthing New Member

Does anyone know of a way to enable javascript of safari for the ipod touch 2nd gen?

More to the point I need a Java Applet web client to be able to run on safari on the ipod touch.
    This is to get wireless internet at my school.

Alternatively being able to spoof the mac address of my ipod touch would allow me access but I have been unable to do so, I believe this because it is a 2nd gen ipod touch.

When I try to log into the network it says I need to

install a Java Plug-in
    and/or
    enable Java Applet in my browser's security settings.

I have checked safari's settings and both javascript and plug-ins are enabled.
  2. brandonmccoy

brandonmccoy New Member

i dont think thers java for it, or an applet,but in cydia for me, theres a catergory called java ,so idk
  3. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Javascript is NOT the same as Java. Java is a browser add-on, or applet. Javascript is integrated into whatever browser you're using.

Java is not yet supported on the iPod touch/iPhone.
  4. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The only similarity between javascript and java is the syntax (but the same could be said for C).

Javascript is a scripting language for web browsers that lets you do stuff like mouseovers, popups, etc.

Java is a portable programming environment intended to allow programs to run on a variety of architectures and hardware.

Huge difference.