Java / Flash / Shockwave for Ipod Touch & What is Ibrickr?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by whitegreyhat, Dec 30, 2007.

1. whitegreyhat

whitegreyhat New Member

Java / Flash / Shockwave for Ipod Touch & Safari Video Compatibility

Okay so I am wondering if its possible to browse and play like java or flash.shockwave games?

Like gameprison.com it doesnt work it just shows this green lego block with question marks on it. Flash movies work i think because i watched some videos on dailymotion.com (thanks to the sponsorship of youtube no doubt) so what is the deal? I also cant get freeslots.com to work its supposedly javascript.

Is there a diff http browser I can get from installer or something, and i do have the plugins and javascript on. This would be awesome if i could get this to work, because I am doing a lot in flash these days i am developer.

So i saw ibrickr and was wondering what that is, does it brick your ipod so you can return it to get a new one before your warranty is up?
  2. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Flash is NOT available yet, maybe until February when the SDK is released.
    iBrickr is used to transfer stuff from your iPod to your PC, not brick your iPod.
  3. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

If i wasnt such a nice guy i think i would put that in my sig
  4. steeped

steeped New Member

No, it really isn't worth using as your sig at all... pathetic, sure. Funny, no.
  5. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

i was going to ask the same thing about flash/java. I know there is no plug-in or anything for safari on the touch/iphone, but is nobody making a hack for it, or even better, another browser to go onto the touch/iphone? please let it be firefox. nobody likes safari in the first place.
  6. chris2929

chris2929 New Member

I doubt it.
  7. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Something hit a nerve?

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. iPodTouchHackist

iPodTouchHackist New Member

flash is not yet accessible for the ipod touch... ibrickr like the first poster says does not "brick" your ipod, just allows you to get things from your touch, to your PC.
  9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    People keep posting this with really understanding what they're saying. To port Flash/Java to the iPod Touch takes some work, as does Firefox. Lets just say for argument that you took Firefox, changed all the libraries to those for the iPod Touch, and recompiled for the ARM processor in the iPod Touch and (miracle of miracles) you actually got an app that you could move to your iPod Touch.

Now run Firefox on your iPod Touch - what do you think it'd look like? The menu would be hardly usable. The tabs would take up half the screen. The extensions/themes if you actually were able to install them would slow it down to nothing. It's not just a matter of porting it between platforms like Windows, Mac & Linux (which is hard enough) but making it actually usable on the iPod Touch. That takes time... For reference, the next beta of Firefox 3 has (according to Mozilla) over 2 million lines of code changes, fixing more than 11,000 issues.

I do hope that at some point Firefox, Flash, and Java do get ported, but I know it's going to take a while. Maybe if we're lucky Apple will introduce Flash & Java at MacWorld next week -- I can dream, can't I?
  10. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That would be a clever app for getting a new iPod.