Jasper... One Cool Xbox.

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Appstore 2.0, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

As many of you aware my CORE failed me, after 2 years of faithful service.

Today, i bought an Xbox premium (even though i have a harddrive, 2 controllers and a headset already).

I happen to know that it's the new xbox nicknamed Jasper as it has a lot number exceeding "0831". JASPER is newer than FALCON, and apparently gets rid of the RROD.

Just so you guys know [this may even be an iPTF exclusive] the new xbox is amazing. Obviously it brings nothing "new" in terms of features, but it is a great console.

Some things I've noticed :

1. Powering on sounds more electronical, it's hard to describe it makes like a soft high pitch noise briefly (this may sound bad... but it's kinda like when a camera makes the noise of the lens closing) it sounds A LOT less heftier booting up than the old (pre-FALCON) motherboard.

2. The CD tray is a little bigger (although this could be a difference between ARCADE/COREs and PREMIUMS rather than a difference between FALCON and JASPER).

3. Booting a game isn't silent. But it's a lot less noisy than the old xbox. It doesn't make any funny noises. All you hear is the fan... and it's not overly distracting unlike the old one [I've even had people comment via headset that they could hear my CORE]. This one seems a lot quieter.

Which is a reason in itself to buy a new JASPER.

4. After playing 3 solid hours of Star Wars : The Force Unleashed (amazing graphics), Mercenaries 2 and Guitar hero 3, i came across no bugs. No freezing, no MAJOR glitching (although some pop-up issues came across in TFU).

Also after playing these 3 solid hours the top of the xbox was remarkably cool. Like you couldn't even call it "warm"... it really doesn't overheat anymore. My old CORE didn't feel "hot" but you could certainly say the top of it did get "warm". So this is a significant improvement.

And that's really the whole difference. Remember i don't recommend buying the new one unless you got a xbox 360 in the last 28 days (and thus can return it via warranty) and it wasn't a JASPER i.e. it wasn't 0831+ in lot number. Another reason you may want to rush out to buy one is the lack of sound the thing makes... it's a lot smoother in terms of sound so if you're REALLY annoyed with your Pre-FALCON or FALCON then you MAY want to get the new JASPER.

May i remind everyone reading this that JASPER isn't really officially a "new" xbox 360. It's not the xbox 360-2 or 720, it's just got some new microprocessor and maybe some other things that make it cooler.
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Does that one have HDMI like the elite?
  3. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

No, it's a PREMIUM in EVERY aspect (except the possibility it has a slightly larger CD tray, but i could be wrong in assessing that factor unless i had another premium to compare it with).

It just has the standard HDTV output (blue,red and green) as well as SCART (yellow, white and red).
  4. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sounds sweet!
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i want an elite

Please Register or Log in to view images

i only have a premium.
  6. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have an elite and a premium white one which we got for free in one of those offer sites, my mom also got a laptop

Please Register or Log in to view images