Japanese keyboard keeps crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lvlln, Jan 30, 2008.

1. lvlln

lvlln New Member

I'm running 1.1.3 Devteam's Jailbreak, and I wanted to get Korean input support. Stupidly, I installed the existing Korean keyboard app, which replaces the Japanese IME, but which only works in 1.1.1/1.1.2. So when I activated the Japanese keyboard and pressed that globe button to switch KB language, no matter what app I'm in, it crashes to the home screen.

I think to myself, "well, I guess they haven't implemented 1.1.3 support yet," and I uninstall the app and forget about it.

So today, the 1.1.3 Korean keyboard comes up in Installer, so I try it out. Only, I get the same result. Then, realizing that something's likely wrong, I try uninstalling it and then seeing if I can access the normal Japanese keyboard. But that crashes to the home screen, too.

So what I'm thinking is, by installing the 1.1.1/1.1.2 Korean keyboard onto the 1.1.3 firmware, I somehow f***ed up the Japanese IME or keyboard files on my iPod Touch. And uninstalling the app didn't fix it. Does anyone know, then, what those international IME/keyboard files are, where they're located on the touch, and what I might do to fix them? Thanks.

P.S. I tried activating every other keyboard, and they all work. It's just the Japanese keyboard that keeps crashing me to the home screen.
  2. lvlln

lvlln New Member

I hate bumping threads, but I'm positive SOMEONE out there must know this info. I've tried searching through the directories with WinSCP, but no luck so far.
  3. lvlln

lvlln New Member

I've tried playing around with the UIKit.framework files, replacing them with what are supposedly the original files. Does anyone know what other files are involved in the keyboard? Or what permissions they should be set to?
  4. lvlln

lvlln New Member

Again, I hate bumping, but could anyone share everything one knows about the keyboard files on the Touch? Or a resource I could access?