January update for free?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by cameraz, Jan 19, 2008.

1. cameraz

cameraz New Member

Today I downloaded the 1.1.3 firmware and bought the new January update apps software. Everything went as smooth as pie! I just plugged my iPod in, and a message popped up in iTunes saying that new firmware is available. I just followed the prompts and dowloaded it with no problems. Next another prompt popped up asking me if I wanted to buy the new apps. I said yes, and they were put on my iPod, no fuss, no muss!

Please Register or Log in to view images

However, when I looked in my "Purchases" folder in iTunes, there was no January update indicated. Also, when I checked my credit card account, I was not billed!

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I purchased my iPod on Dec. 26 (at Circuit City)? If so, that would be so cool!

2. parkerparker

parkerparker New Member

no i think it just hasnt showed up on your card or account yet.... this happened to a lot of people but i think they were eventually charged
  3. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

You're damned. The deadline (startline?) for getting apps free is Dec. 27.
  4. bow zon0

bow zon0 New Member

lol 1 day away from getting the update for free
  5. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

It took Apple 4 days before they emailed me an invoice for the $19.99plus tax. I'm confident the charge will show up on my next credit card statement.

If you've gotten a statement since you updated, please note the closing date for the statement. If the closing date was on the same daty or before the day you downloaded the apps, the charge wll most likely show up on next month's statement.

Sorry, but that's life. ;-(
  6. bronco

bronco New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so If I purchased my ipod on Jan 9, I get the update for free...(that's my understanding)..how do I go about this? Everything I do in iTunes wants my money. I had heard rumors about an itunes store credit.
  7. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

I really don't know. Start off here http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26112
  8. Meade13

Meade13 New Member

how did u buy ur ipod the day after christmas
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you format your iPod Touch and get rid of everything, will that remove the apps? If so, will you have to pay for the Apps again?

This is assuming you bought your iPod Touch after the updates were released. (IE. After the Keynote)
  10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My guess is that he walked into a store, and gave them money