January app pack for people in Asia except Japan

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by Yongkykun, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So how do we (people in Asian countries which are not acknowledged by iTunes) get the January app pack? Now that the 1.1.4 is out and we still don't get them for free means that Apple doesn't listen to us end users.
    Some say that we can get them iTunes store gift card, but I tried to purchase one yesterday and I can't seem to get them simply because I need to be in the States...
    Those of you who have an idea on how to get the app pack, without jailbreaking, please drop a line.. On behalf of those of us who are in Asia or other countries that's not included in the iTunes, I thank you.
  2. timmychan

timmychan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Youve just got to wait
  3. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ? For how long? Coz I don't think that Apple has any intention whatsoever to have Indonesia or other South East Asian countries included in the iTunes store. Are there any other solution? (besides jailbreaking)
  4. timmychan

timmychan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea, taking your ipod to another location which has an itunes store if you have relatives over there and buy there
  5. admkenshin

admkenshin New Member

You should jailbreak anyway. It's basically risk-free, and you get to screw with Apple's control mania ^_^.
  6. orangehades

orangehades New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    jailbreak lol
  7. GuybrushT

GuybrushT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    For those who want it... its really really easy....

Just have to buy an iTunes gift card... those with 25 dollars credit... and buy the apps directly from USA store... end of story
  8. Bungee

Bungee New Member

You basically need to have access to an iTunes account with a registered billing address or with gift card credits. The following are some suggestion if you're Asia but not Japan (or Australia).

#1. Have your relative/friend in US (or any country with an iTunes store) send you their iTunes account and password. Authorise your computer, purchase the upgrade, deauthorise your computer. Ask your relative/friend to change their iTunes password and figure out how to reply them for the US19.99 you just charged to their account.

#2. Get onto eBay or your local auction site and search for US iTunes Store gift cards (there are many sellers). Buy from someone with a good rating and have them e-mail you the 16-digit authorisation number. Redeem the gift card online and create an iTunes account with any US address (doesn't require validation since no credit card involved). Authorise your computer and purchase and perform the upgrade.
    If you purchase the gift card from the eBay US, you can easily pay the Seller by PayPal. PayPal will be more than happy to take money from you even if you are not in the US, Japan or Australia

Please Register or Log in to view images

#3. Get a relative/friend in US to send you an iTunes gift card or pick up one yourself when you're overseas... etc. you get the idea.

I've gone with #2 myself. Hope this helps !
  9. Bungee

Bungee New Member

I wouldn't hold my breath... It's widely reported that Apple doesn't intend to open up iTunes in many Asian countries due to fear of piracy and/or licensing issues.