Jaiulbreak get half way through and stops..HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by frosty1883, Jun 19, 2008.

1. frosty1883

frosty1883 New Member

Hi,this ipod touch thing is all a bit new so be gentle,when i download jailbreak from ziphone it scrolls down as it should then stops halfway through with a pop up from i tunes saying my ipod touch is in recovery mode and thats it,i have re-installed from scratch through i tunes and the same happened again,so someone out there please help all i want to do is jailbreak it so i can change the themes and the like,cheers,Frosty.
  2. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it is supposed to do that, quit itunes as soon as it happens and you will be fine!
  3. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Use iLiberty. ZiPhone is bad.
  4. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Like he said.
    But PLEASE don't use Ziphone! It's highly dangerous to use it.
    Use iLiberty or even PWN it using Winpwn/Pwnage.
  5. QuAdS

QuAdS New Member

i suggest using winpwn/pwnage tool.
    if you need help with either than you can PM me and i will guide you threw it or you can find one of the wonderful guides on these forums.
    i definatly do not suggest ZiPhone tho... nothing but trouble
  6. frosty1883

frosty1883 New Member

Really not sure what i am doing wrong but i have restored my touch about 6 times know because using ziphone stops working,iliberty+ thing,does this let me change themes etc when downloaded and also has anyone got a link,as i say i really need someone to go through this step by step as i am well new to all of this,thanks,Frosty.
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

This post is just all wrong. ZiPhone does suck major man-titties, but it is not dangerous whatsoever. It has the simplest interface to use for the, pardon my bland language, "noobs" who can't stand to do anything more than click "Jailbreak!".

Get your facts right, please. ZiPhone is, in no way possible, able to harm your iPod or iPhone.
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    And you base this on what?
  9. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    http://sleepers.net/news/?p=190

It's more to harm it than other jailbreak apps...
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Oh wow, you can look at a thread that tells you ZiPhone is bad and you just believe it.

Zibri is a sh*t coder, I agree. But his program, while stolen, is not able to harm your device. It messes with nothing that cannot be fixed. It doesn't modify your bootloader (the actual bootloader, it flashes the baseband and then downgrades it to a stock 3.9BL). and while it may screw up phone service and WiFi receptions, these are both insanely easy to repair, needing only a restore to solve these issues.

Also gives me lulz:

Pwnage is the only, I repeat the only, software that can, in fact, brick an iPod.

Trust me, I hate Zibri and despise his program/sh*t coding skills, but there is no need for him to get a bad rep because his program screwed up someone's WiFi and one person got a fried ramdisk because of their faulty iPhone hardware. I advocate using iLiberty+ and Pwnage, but not because ZiPhone harms your iPod.

I'm out.