Jailbrolen 3.1.2; Upgrade to save SHSH's?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ibizaGTi, Mar 30, 2010.

1. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So, like quite a lot of people on here (i guess), i'm currently jailbroken on 3.1.2 on a 3rd gen 8gb. I do not have my SHSH blobs backed up for 3.1.2.

With the recent news on jailbreaks etc, i've been seriously considering updating to 3.1.3 in order to save the blobs and safe guard a restore for the future.
    I would then be able to deowngrade using the 2nd gen firmware with Coca Cola's method.

Basically, I know there won't be a 3.1.3 JB, but would saving the blobs help me in future if I needed to restore for any reason, or would i still be limited by the current build Apple was signing?

Thanks guys.
  2. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You do not need to update to 3.1.3 to get 3.1.3 SHSH files. See the tutorial, you just need your ECID and you'll get your SHSH from apple regardless of what firmware you are running.
  3. cbren

cbren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In my opinion, don't worry about saving anything at the moment and just stay at 3.1.2. There's nothing new in 3.1.3 and even if you do upgrade on accident, you can use Coca Cola's method easily without saving.
  4. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thanks guys.