Jailbroken...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JxMxG, Jan 1, 2010.

1. JxMxG

JxMxG New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I 'Jailbroke' my iTouch lastnight and since then I feel, oddly, no different!

Before I 'jailbroke' using blackra1n I was so exited because I though, you know, loads of new stuff ect. and so far it feels no better, no worse... the only good thing I like about it so far is the fact that I can record the screen using 'Veency' and 'UltraVNC'.

I am thinking of restoring my iTouch unless there is anything useful about being 'jailbroken'

... Do you know?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

The way I see it, you jailbroke without knowing what you can do on a jailbroken device. If that's the case, then you should do some research about what you can do on a jailbroken device. Jailbreaking may not be for everybody, if you don't find anything useful, then restore, no one can really change your opinion about it.
  3. JxMxG

JxMxG New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks, I'll have a look now... I guess I should have researched it 'more'.
  4. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have a look at different themes, and programs you can grab from Cydia.
    Apple have added a lot of things that people originally Jailbroke for to the newer firmwares anyway, so less people need to jailbreak now.

Some of the main reasons I Jailbroke are:

Custom themes - They look great! (i'm in the middle of learning how to create my own theme from scratch at the moment).

SBSettings - Having access to common toggles straight from the Springboard is great. Helps me save A LOT of battery life.

Emulators - GpSPhone in particular.

Unfortunatley though, too many people use Jailbreaking for stealing apps...possibly the worst thing about the whole Jailbreak scene.
  5. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

That's why people believe jailbreaking is a bad thing in the manufacturers eyes.
  6. JxMxG

JxMxG New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, I think I will keep it jailbroken simply because I love the theme I have now and the lock screen ect.

I haven't downloaded any apps and I don't think I will as there doesn't seem to be any that I like.

Also I like the fact that I can record my screen, control my iTouch from the laptop and I can mod games

Please Register or Log in to view images

However, I am restoring it at the moment as I used the 'categories' system app, worked fine but didn't like it, removed folders ect. and after this some of my main icons had gone missing... e.g. the music app -- although I could just search it in the search area, I felt it best to be able to actually see the icon xD
  7. ToasterEater

ToasterEater Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  8. JxMxG

JxMxG New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch