Jailbroken Touch but want to pay Apple for January Update...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by apernett, Mar 28, 2008.

1. apernett

apernett New Member

Hi, hope somebody help me here... I bought an 16 gb iPod Touch, it came with 1.1.2 firmawre by default, then iTunes updated to 1.1.4 but without the aditional apps (the infamous January Update), I jailbroke it, ran on some issues and decided to restore and downgrade to 1.1.3. After some tries I succeed it, and now iTunes does not redirect me to the January Update page as did before the jailbreak, I tried via apple.com, I click on the link, opens iTunes and directs me to the January Update page, but now it doesn't allow me to buy it, it only appears an "ok" button but not "Buy" button, although I live in a country not listed in iTunes (I live in Colombia) I have an account with the US iTunes Store, so I can buy whatever I want on it. Did the jailbreak messed my Touch file system in a way that iTunes can recognize it as new?? Is there any way to bypass this hurdle in order to finally buy the update? Or, I have to wait for a new upgrade? Any help or hint is welcome... thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you need to disconnect and reconnect your ipod -.-

please actually READ what the requirements say on the page.
  3. melefire

melefire New Member

no offense but why would you want to buy it, you can get it for free with a jailbroken touch.
  4. apernett

apernett New Member

Just did it, no success

5. apernett

apernett New Member

Because I found some issues with Safari, especially when I navigate Facebook, it log out continuosly and the Mail app sometimes behave erratically (i.e. it shows a new message as listed but there is no real new message in my inbox [I use Gmail])

Anyway, thanks for your concern...

6. colinwhelan92

colinwhelan92 New Member

you dont need to pay for the apps if u have a jailbroken ipod touch, there are numerous ways to get the apps via installer. best on being http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml and download on thing to get all apps + wiggle function
  7. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^^ you are basically telling him to steal, which is illegal for you to do. Not only that, but the apple purchased apps also run a LOT smoother than the pirated ones that you can get with installer. Plus, it is more honorable to buy them. Jailbreaking is NOT ILLEGAL, but it BECOMES illegal if you get these apps for free. So you CAN get sued bigtime.

I personally purchased the apps, and I reccomend for everyone else to do so too.
  8. frnkyn

frnkyn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    u sound like steve job's business partner or something
  9. apernett

apernett New Member

But both of you didn't help at all

Anyway , I will wait for someone who can help me solve this annonyance...
  10. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It may be in your itunes account history that you bought the apps...I don't see any other reason why it would say you bought them when you haven't.