Jailbroken my iPod, where to put the music now?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by aejt, Oct 11, 2007.

1. aejt

aejt New Member

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, couldn't find it though.

Now I've jailbreaked my iPod, and installed apps and so on, but since it doesn't work with iTunes anymore, in what folder should i put my music in?

Thanks/ Aejt
  2. DannySmurf

DannySmurf New Member

If your iPod touch doesn't work with iTunes any more, you have either done something wrong, or not actually completed the jailbreak.

There's a section in the guide about restoring iTunes functionality after you've jailbroken it. Make sure you've followed ALL of the directions...
  3. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you've jailbroke your iPod and got apps on it, but your iPod doesnt work with iTunes anymore... you missed a few steps...

Mines fully jailbroke, with apps, and im syncing all my music back as we speak...

I suggest you go through and start again.
  4. aejt

aejt New Member

Bah, I guess I'll try that.
  5. michaelchan0427

michaelchan0427 New Member

On the official jailbreak guide, there are steps to fix this problem, you haven't jailbroken your ipod, right? u just worry abuot that, so ask questions in advance in case that happens.
  6. aejt

aejt New Member

I have jailbroken it, Im sitting here playing zelda on the nes emulator now.
  7. synagence

synagence New Member

Another success story here .... just re-syncing with itunes now .... installer on the main home page .... steps were tricky but if you take your time and at least understand the tools involved its pretty painless.
  8. aejt

aejt New Member

It says that "This version of iTunes doesn't support the iPhone, try installing a new version of iTunes" blablabla something, I didn't have the latest version, so I'll try to do that now. I did all the steps as I were told to do.
  9. aejt

aejt New Member

Bah, gotten the newest iTunes, and still the same sh*t.
    It tells me "The software that is required for the iPhone is not installed. Uninstall iTunes with the help of the iTunes-installer and then reinstall iTunes."
    Translated from Swedish.

Just wondering, my Media_sym folder in /private/var/root/ just seems to be a shortcut to go to root again, is that how it should be? :/
  10. DannySmurf

DannySmurf New Member

That's the case on mine as well, and mine's working, so I'd have to say yes.