Jailbroken Music Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eXShadowXe, Aug 11, 2009.

1. eXShadowXe

eXShadowXe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I installed an app on Cydia named MMP Flip. App is meant to combine Music app and Video app into one icon like the iPhone. Seems it was a huge mistake. Afterwards, I discovered that no such icon was created, and that all of my music, despite still being physically on the iPod, was not being recognized by the music app. Then to my horror, I discovered that my computer, nor itunes (as well as a few other programs) would recognize it as an iPod touch or an iPhone. I removed the program from packages, but that did not fix the problem.

I'm guessing I'm probably going to have to start from scratch on this and restore but would much rather not have to.

Edit: I CAN SSH into the iPod, but I'm not sure what to do. The music appears to be in the correct location, but for some reason the music app isn't reading it.
  2. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Remove MMP Flip. If you're using 3.0, I think you have to use the WinterBoard version.
  3. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yup, remove that, and use the winterboard one, i had the same problem once, and did this, and the only downside i see, is that if im not listenning to anything, and i double tap the home button, it opens the hwhole music app, instead of openning only that little music thingy
  4. iAppleManiac

iAppleManiac Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    WinterBoard one works fine with me also.

And whats good is that when you go to end the process via SbSetttings, you do not have to end Music and Video, you just end iPod.