Jailbroken itouch stuck in recovery (npebea!)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by havoc119933, Sep 18, 2008.

1. havoc119933

havoc119933 New Member

I get a cartoon of steve jobs saying npebea! when i boot my ipod. It stays there. I try restoring it on itunes but after it prepares it and all it stays on the waiting for ipod screen for a long long time. It doesnt go any further. Any help. I am on a windows pc. Any help would be appreciated. I've been stuck for 4 days now. Please help....
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

You started a thread on this issue in another forum on the board just a few minutes ago. That's the iPod saying it's in Recovery Mode because your 2.1 install failed. Just use iTunes and do a Restore instead - that should do the trick. If necessary, put it into DFU mode by holding down the power button while it's plugged into the computer via USB to shut down, wait 10 seconds, then hold down Home and Power for 10 seconds before letting go of Power. Then keep holding Home until the computer detecs the iPod DFU mode and installs a driver for it.

Also, someone else had this issue yesterday. Search "NPEBEA", if that wasn't you as well. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99287&highlight=npebea
  3. havoc119933

havoc119933 New Member

thanks alot... this issue is getting me nutz...the thing is, i get to the restore, it prepares the ipod, but then it stays on the waiting for ipod phase forever...How long should that process (waiting for ipod) take? I believe I've waited there for almost 1/2 an hour... so i just dont have the patience and stop it.... the ipod shows the apple logo with the spinning wheel in the bottom... should I wait even longer than what i'm waiting or what?? thanks again...please, any help would be great!!! I'm using Windows and I have the latest itunes...I've tried with 7.7 as well....Please Help....
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Try w/ iTunes 7.5 or Restore to firmware 2.1 clean. iTunes 7.5 usually works!
  5. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

Haha "NPEBEA" is a Russian word that means "check."
  6. havoc119933

havoc119933 New Member

i tried it..still, to no avail...any other suggestions...thanks for the help...anyone Please!!!
  7. urhero_223

urhero_223 New Member

i think this could work for u the way it worked for me

ok what i did was almost the opposite steps of the DFU Mode i held the power switch and the home button switch while the ipod was off and keep holding both buttons until ipod turns on then let go of the home button and keep holding the power button for 2 more seconds... Good luck
  8. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My cousin had this problem yesterday put it in DFU and then connect to itunes 8.x will work too.
  9. Austin899

Austin899 New Member

Restore Problems

My iPod Touch in Recovery Mode , With Steve Jobs saying npebea.But everything I've tried won't work Ibrckr,ZiPhone,Quickpwn.It wont get out of RecoveryMode and I've tried everything. what I did was went to my Setting on my iPod and Deleted Everything instead of plugging it into my comp and Restoring it. I don't know what to do Please HELP!!
  10. dua564

dua564 New Member

Can someone please help me also?
    I have tried everything

Please Register or Log in to view images

FU mode and all but when I go to recover the touch, It gets stuck on the "Waiting for Ipod" with the loading bar moving back and forth. I just know that NEPBEA is the custom revovery mode screeen for jailbroken ipod. But I cant go any further. I just got my ipod two days ago
    please help!
    Thanks