Jailbroken iPod touch Webcam app?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Changster7878, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Changster7878

Changster7878 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright this thread WILL seem crazy, but keep reading and you might be able to make some sense out of it. Me and my friend are making two Halo ODST helmets and we plan to have Night vision in both of them. However, therein lies the problem. One possible solution we have is to mount an iPod and a webcam Inside of Romeo's Sniper goggles and use a in-helmet focusing lens to focus on the iPod screen. The reason we are using a webcam instead of a iPhone camera is because we don't feel like/have the money to buy(ing) iPhones, and we are unsure if iPhones can even detect infrared light. Our plan is to have IR LEDs illuminate the area and have a webcam display the infrared video on an iPod touch screen via modded USB cable.

Please Register or Log in to view images

My question is this: is there a jailbreak app that enables the user to receive video feed from a webcam via USB link, and if not, how do i create one?
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You don't have money to buy a used iPhone, but you are trying to make fully working ODST helmets?....
  3. Changster7878

Changster7878 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    trust me, its pretty cheap to make an ODST helmet. about a 50-80 dollar flat fee, no data plans, and plus we'd need two iPhones :/ (which we dont even know if they can detect infrared light, most likely not.)
  4. Magnum

Magnum New Member

you dont need jb for this but the only thing i can come up with it jumicam. It records the webcam off of the computer and displays it on your ipod. Idk if this is what you were asking and sorry mods for bumping a two day old thread but it was to help

Please Register or Log in to view images