Jailbroken Ipod Touch not as great as it seems?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by udead316, Sep 27, 2008.

1. udead316

udead316 New Member

I bought a Jailbroken Ipod Touch. It has 1.1.4 firmware, and from the installer i've downloaded many things such as the psx4all and alot of games and cool apps, but is it really worth it? I was told I was able to get the App store with the jailbroken firmware, is that possible? The jailbroken ipod touch is nice and all but what really seperates it from the non jailbroken ipod touch other than emulators? I fail to see the big hype on jailbreaking. I cant even get the facebook App.
  2. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Yes , you can have AppStore and Installer/Cydia (Installer sucks now though)
    Download 2.0 , then upgrade to 2.1.
    Oh , then jailbreak it.
  3. udead316

udead316 New Member

So, I cant have 1.1.4 and use the Apps in the App store in Itunes?

and 2.0 costs money?
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Everything from 1.1.x will not work on 2.x, and vice versa. 2.x does cost $9.99 for iPod Touch users.

You obviously don't know how to use SSH or themes, if you think there is no use.
  5. udead316

udead316 New Member

Yeah I dont. I think I'll just upgrade to 2.1 and wait for a jailbreak.

But why to jailbreak other than new themes and emulators? I dont really get the hype of jailbreak.
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hey man,
    if you really think jailbreaking is useless, let me remind you that it makes your iPod totally YOURS.

You can do anything you want to it, including applying themes, using a soon to come better version of mobilemusicplayer, and so much more.
  7. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

There is already a jailbreak out.
  8. udead316

udead316 New Member

I wanna unlock the true potential of my Ipod so Im probaly going to jailbreak it anyway. Thanks for answering all my questions, I'm going to upgrade to 2.0 and jailbreak.
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

WinterBoard, MxTube, SSH, 5 icon dock, PocketTouch, other games, Categories, Poof, BossPrefs, Finder, IntelliScreen, MobileSubstrate for added stability, Cydia, Terminal, Cycorder (iPhone), Customize, dTunes/iSoulseek, PwnPlayer, etc. I could go on.
  10. udead316

udead316 New Member

Alright well I upgraded to 2.1 and I'm probaly going to jailbreak it, but the thing is, im missing .97 gigs. Is this normal? I didnt delete all my old apps and music before I updated.