Jailbroken iPod touch date/time wrong

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rhielle, Sep 10, 2010.

1. rhielle

rhielle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I hope I'm posting in the right forum.

I have a jailbroken G2 IOS 4.0.2 iPod touch.
    ***NOTE***
    My iPod was updated to IOS 4.0.2 two weeks prior to jailbreaking and the date/time were fine.

After I went through the process of jailbreaking I noticed two annoying problems; 1.the battery drained much faster (doesn't last a full day) and 2. my date/time continuously change. The latter is the really bothersome and that is the problem I'm hoping to find a fix for.

Here's what I've tried (in order to correct this prob):
    1. Resetting my computer's clock and time zone to make sure they are correct. I have done this 2 times and they are 100% accurate.
    2. Going into Setting->General->Date & Time->Time Zone. AND Setting->General->Date & Time->Set Date & Time, in order to readjust the settings. I change the time and date and time zone but if I turn off my iPod or let it go to sleep and then turn it back on, the time and date are off again. Usually the date is one day ahead and the time is 3 hours or so ahead.
    EXAMPLE:
    Real date and time: Sep 11 2010 - 1:43AM
    iPod will display: Sep 12 2010 - 4:43AM

3.I've also tried going into Settings->Mail,Contacts,Calendars->Calendars-Time Zone Support, and correcting those settings but no difference was made.

4.I've tried re-syncing my iPod with my computer on several occasions after re-adjusting date/time/time zone settings on my computer (and yes I re-started the computer first) but NOTHING works.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It must be the jailbreaking.

Please, don't tell me to restore the iPod because there must be some sort of patch or fix for this issue! I've searched all over the net and found plenty of others that are experiencing the same problem and people constantly say "restore it" or "make sure your time is correct on your computer"... SO PLEASE, if you have some better advice I'd love to hear it!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. m-man

m-man Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I have this problem too, but i think its because the ipod synced when my computer's time was reset (by me, temporarily) but the computers time and date are right now, and i set the ipod to the right time, but it keeps going back to 1/1/06 and the time is off
  3. jotokun

jotokun Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have this too, I think its actually a bug in iOS 4 because I didnt have this problem with 3.1.3.
  4. agaguk

agaguk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem. A restore fixed it, but I have no idea of other ways to do it...
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

In not sure what the problem with the time is, I have the same problem, but the reason your battery is dying quicker is because the io 4.0 and above have a multitasking feature, so even after you close an app it still maybe running. I forgot actually how you turn it off, but if you do a google search it should yields some results
  6. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    He is on a ipod touch 2g, and to fix the time try syncing it a few times with itunes.
  7. TheDonKills

TheDonKills Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The same thing happened with my 8GB 2G MC, when my springboard crashed and I had the wrong time for a while. It got fixed when I restored it. I'm only suggesting that you do it, cause I did the same thing and my time got fixed. I've synced plenty of times, after the time was wrong, each time it would go back. I manually reset it and the time would revert to the wrong one after a sync.
  8. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If the time gets messed up after you sync then your computer time is wrong.
  9. TheDonKills

TheDonKills Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The problem was that the time on my computer was different from the time on my iPod after a sync.