Jailbroken Ipod Touch 3rd Gen Blackra1n Problem!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by croutonsalad, Mar 1, 2010.

1. croutonsalad

croutonsalad New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello Everyone.

Just recently my jailbroken ipod touch 3rd gen ran out of batteries. I plugged it into my pc(windows 7 64x) with the itunes logo and usb cable showing, and ran blackra1n. Usually the GeoHot pic with Frodo and the snowflake pops up, but all i got was a black screen. Blackrta1n did inform me that the "jailbreak" ran fine. The screen of my ipod returned to the "connect itunes". I later rebooted my pc, ran blackra1n as admin, closed all other programs, nothing worked. I havn't connected my ipod to my pc for a while, so i know my ipod didn't accidentley upgrade to 3.1.2. (which isn't compatible with blackra1n). Anyways i really don't know whats wrong. btw i do have the latest version of Itunes.

Thanks.
  2. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Did you....
    1. Close ituneshelper.exe
    2. Make sure itunes was closed? (silly I know to ask)
    You also say that 3.1.2 isn't compatible with blackra1n, it is.

Also, plug it in and let the battery just charge for about 1 hour, then run blackra1n. I think that the problem may be that your battery was so close to dying that after you ran blackra1n that it rebooted due to lack of batteries. Just wait it out a little bit and try again.
  3. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dude, thats not Frodo, it's a picture of GeoHot...
  4. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    LMFAO.

Re-download it.. I had the same problem my first time.
  5. sphrynx14

sphrynx14 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Well I also had this problem which i need to reboot my ipod touch 3g.. At first the blackra1n would not run.. the geohot pic appeared but then my ipod would just go back to recovery mode.. All i did was to delete the blackra1n installer together with the txt file and the redownload again the installer.. On the second time the jailbreak was successful..
  6. nojbonmyip:(

nojbonmyip:( New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    LMFAO! Frodo xD
  7. croutonsalad

croutonsalad New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No it still doesnt work, i plugged mt ipod into my pc for the whole day. btw ownerofspam, i meant 3.1.3. isnt compatible. i tried it again. all itunes stuff was closed. i restarted my pc. i noticed that i have blackra1n RC3..whats the diff between RC1 and RC2 and RC3?? also, while blackra1n is running..it says in the top bar not responding.and when it says done, waiting for reboot. all i have is a black backlit screen(its not turned off). i really dont know what to do. my has previously shut off and blackrain has been a breeze to start it up again. btw does blackra1n NEED itunes to run? because i tried it on my dad's pc(vista 64x) and windows told me the program wasnt responding and i had to close it?

Thanks.