iOS 4.0 Jailbroken Ipod Touch 3G (Spirit) upgrade to iOS4 = Can't delete videos anymore?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jmoe316, Jun 30, 2010.

1. jmoe316

jmoe316 New Member

Hello,

So I have an iPod Touch 3G that was jailbroken with spirit (3.1.2 or 3.1.3, can't remember). I then upgraded to iOS4 through iTunes when it came out. Everything seems fine except I can't delete videos off my iPod anymore. When I swipe the video and hit the delete button, it just goes back to the home screen.

Any thoughts? Is there still traces of the jailbroken 3.1.X that's causing issues?
  2. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    When you upgrade to a new firmware all traces of a jailbreak are gone, I suggest you just re-boot. I think it also may be a bug with the new os.
  3. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you just directly upgrade to iOS4 without restoring first?? If you did, then you made a big mistake. Whenever you have a jailbroken device and you directly upgrade, your whole raw file system is gonna get screwed up. It's very bad for your device in the way that it will cause performance crashes. Examples would be some lag, apps crashing, and other stuff like that. Whenever you want to upgrade, you need to restore first, then upgrade, then rejailbreak on the new firmware. So I would suggest restoring your device and rejailbreaking it with Redsn0w. But that's just my advice. You don't have to do this. But it will allow your device to run much smoother and safer. If you aren't experiencing any other problems, then I guess you don't really have to worry about anything. But yeah, just try a reboot and see if that works.

Please Register or Log in to view images