Jailbroken iPod touch 2g won't boot

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Westcot, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Westcot

Westcot New Member

Jailbroken iPod touch 2g won't boot - STILL won't boot!

I jailbroke my iPod touch 2nd gen. today, and it was successful. When I was doing Cydia updates, I stupidly decided to restore my iPod. My iPod crashed, and I haven't been able to get on it again.

When I connect my iPod to my computer, iTunes doesn't recognize it. I have to put it in DFU mode in order for it to pop up on iTunes. When it does, it comes up as "iPod" (no "[My Name]'s iPod"), and most of the actions are disabled. "Restore" is available, but when I click on it, it tells me to update to the latest version of iTunes. I did, but it still doesn't work.

I have tried re-jailbreaking it, but it freezes up on the middle process. Though the screen did come up with a white screen, followed by the Apple logo with no loading bar.

I have also tried using 1 Click Boot, although I think that that's made for Windows, so that could be a reason why I'm having a lot of trouble with it.

Thank you to those who can help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

-Westcot
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Yeah, that would be the problem. Use a mac script like the one mentioned here in order to boot.

Once there, DFU restore using the Pwnage Tool method of getting into DFU mode.
    You should restore to a stock 2.2.1 and then do an untethered jailbreak using an application such as Untetherizer.
  3. Westcot

Westcot New Member

Thank you so much for your help!

It booted to the Apple screen and is currently "preparing to restore iPod." Do you know how long the process should take?
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Maximum 15-20 minutes.
  5. Westcot

Westcot New Member

Okay, well I restarted it again to make sure that I did everything right.

The "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode" error comes up again. Do I click "OK" and then "Restore?"

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right...

(BTW, should I still have the jailbreaking software installed on my comp?)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Alright, well, it didn't work!

The iPod recognises it, goes to a white screen, then switches to the Apple logo. iTunes pops up with a window that says "preparing iPod for restore," which lasts for quite a while. Then, this error pops up...

Any more ideas? Do you think if I brought this to an Apple Store (even though I know jailbreaking it voids my warranty) they could restore it to 2.2.1?
  6. Argie

Argie New Member

Well the boot program didn't work for me. I went did it and the apple logo hasn't showed. I tried on iTunes again to restore it but it came up with the same stupid error message that Westcot got the first time. I haven't even jailbroken mine yet, I put it in DFU mode because I was about to. Please help!

EDIT: NVM For me it is fixed... =D
  7. Westcot

Westcot New Member

How did you fix it?
  8. Chaz

Chaz New Member

Well i don't have a mac but will this program work for a PC anyways?