Jailbroken iPod touch 2g on 3.0 firmware: SPEAKER ISSUE

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by NinetyFour, Jul 31, 2009.

1. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi there, I am literally making this thread seconds after I created an account here on iPod touch fans. I'm desperate. I recently (about 3 weeks ago) jailbroke my iPod touch 2g running on 3.0 firmware using redsn0w. It's been doing fine until about 4 days ago. My iPod's internal speaker is at a very quiet volume and i have to press my ear against the iPod in a very quiet room just to be able to barely hear it! I tried turning the volume up. I see the volume going up on the screen but it won't become louder. I tried everything from plugging in headphones (which seem to play the music just fine) to restoring to searching everywhere on this forum and google to tweaking the settings. I am still under the 1 year warranty and I have restored my iPod to it's original settings with 3.0 firmware. I am contemplating whether or not I should send it in to apple. Will they know I jailbroke and will that void my warranty? I need your advice.
  2. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    send it to apple.. andjust buy the upgrade... its ten dollars... but besides the point.. they wont have any clue you jailbroke...
  3. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for the fast reply. My warranty is past the 90 days but still protected under the year long warranty. Does that mean I get a repair or just get a new one sent to me?
  4. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    um... im not sure..

Please Register or Log in to view images

but if you take it to apple they should do one of them... so either way you win...

and no problem..

5. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks a ton! That was certainly a quick resolve to my problem. Now to undergo the grueling process of shipping and waiting....
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also, will I have the option of getting it repaired or getting money back for it? Because I may want money to go towards a new iPod touch scheduled to release around September.
  6. alopez1334

alopez1334 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its not your ipod its the firmware. Many people are having this issue including myself. Best to just downgrade back to 2.2.1. Everytime I unplug my headphones my speakers only work as long as I keep playing music. as soon as music stops the speakers stop working. Its the 3.0 firmware, either deal with it or wait until update comes out.
  7. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've just sent my iPod off to Apple this morning. I guess they'll send me a new iPod and if not, they'll send it back and I'll downgrade...... but how do I downgrade?
  8. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Btw, you have to restore your iPod before sending it to Apple, so they won't tell it's jailbroken. No one mentioned it above, so hopefully you already knew that and restored it before you sent it off to Apple?

And it's not the 3.0 firmware's problem. It's probably a problem with the internal speaker.
  9. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah I restored about 3 times over, just to be sure, lol....
  10. phardin

phardin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok well i have the exact same problem and its not my speakers because they worked perfect before i upgraded to the new firmwre, is there anything besides restore that can get my speakers working?