Jailbroken iPod Touch 2G Bricked For Real

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rinum, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Rinum

Rinum New Member

On accident I put yellowsn0w on my iPod 2G and I had it all good and all. I got winterboard, shut it off then booted it up. But then I tried to restore it because I wanted to get redsn0w. But now when I try to boot it up it brings up the picture where the usb cord is pointing to the itunes logo. That is bricked right? I try to unbruck it but since you have to boot it each time it doesn't work and it's just stuck with that screen. Any suggestions? Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

-Rinum
  2. wSYayo

wSYayo New Member

would it this be to much to ask but can we please have like a big red stop sign before new threads are posted to allow the poster to search the forums first....

but to answer your question no its not bricked i had a similar problem but i fixed mine by putting it into dfu mode and doing a restore
  3. Rinum

Rinum New Member

Well I forgot to mention when I tried restoring it in DFU mode it shut off and didn't work. After a few more tries it still didn't work. But I just now tried it and now its restored. Thank you for your time though, I know that it's pretty late

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. vamsi_pvs

vamsi_pvs New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,

I recently ( 2 days back) i got ipod touch 2 generation. i want to jail break i tried yday but i couldn't done it. please any one can help me how to do it for my brand new ipod touch. I reaclly curious. i'm not much familiar with jail break pocess
    if u help out with tutorials will be appriciated.
  5. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, just DFU and restore. There are plenty of tools to help you do this.

That's exactly what search engines were invented for.
  6. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Huh ? do you even know what yellosn0w is for ? You got winterboard ? So you already had a jailbroken ipod ? how did you get it jailbroken without redsn0w in the first place ? How did you get winterboard and yellowsn0w to install without having a jailbroken ipod ?

This thread smells of bullcrap.

DFU mode and restore in iTunes to genuine firmware. "SEARCH" the forum and re-jailbreak.
  7. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This is the restore mode / installation mode, just go to iTunes and re-set it up.
  8. slyd

slyd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I suppose the itunes n the cable logo thingy is the restore mode... try put it in DFU... u must have time it wrongly...keep trying wf DFU... i think u should read more before u probly starts doing anything wf ur ipod... n post like this is all around the forums... try search before u search ~
  9. Mr X

Mr X New Member

Thread makes no sense at all. Search before posting, it will help out the rest of the IPTF community. The connect to iTunes screen is RECOVERY mode. DFU mode DOES look like it is off, the only way to tell if DFU worked correctly is if iTunes comes up when you do it. If I didn't say it once already, SEARCH.

And, by the way, yellowsn0w is an unlocking program for the iPhone 3G. Redsn0w is a method of jailbreaking your iPod Touch 2G. Honestly, I don't understand how you managed to jailbreak your iPod with this lack of knowledge. Not to be ripping on you, this thread just doesn't make sense.
  10. Man696

Man696 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Your stupid.
    I know that since tethered came out and the floods of noobs got flamed were not supposed to respond like that, but I don't really care anymore. Its true. Use the search button or read many of the MANY stickies.

Oh, and redsn0w isn't something you get in cydia, its the name of the 2g jailbreak. Its hard to believe you managed to even download what you need to jailbreak without knowing this. If I were you id stay away from jailbreaking all together until you read up on the subject.