Jailbroken iPod touch 2G 3.0 Firmware Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by d3xterity, Jun 21, 2009.

1. d3xterity

d3xterity Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I recently jailbroke my ipod touch 2g with 3.0 firmware using redsn0w. It worked for like 20 minutes then I used winterboard to change the theme. Once it was applying changes to the theme, my ipod suddenly closed. i tried rebooting it and it showed the apple logo, but shut off by itself again. How do I solve this? Thanks.
  2. deleted account 106

deleted account 106 Member

This happerened to me too. You need to do a complete restore though iTunes, to the 3.0 software, then re-jailbreak. Remember not everything in cydia is compatible with the 3.0 software, especilly Veency LoL it ruined my whole iPod for the second time!
  3. d3xterity

d3xterity Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for reply! I put my ipod into dfu mode then restored to 3.0. Now im going to jailbreak it again. Is it normal that winterboard is buggy with the new 3.0 firmware? Everything seems very slow and lags sometimes.
  4. deleted account 106

deleted account 106 Member

When you do the full restore most of the lag goes away. It is because your ment to update to the 3.0 software then do a full restore before JB"ing". Now I have mine all set up everything runs fine, but cydia is a little slow but nothing mager! Also don't just go and download anything from cydia, because it may not be compatible. Just be careful on what you download

Please Register or Log in to view images