Jailbroken Ipod Touch 2G 2.2.1 Wifi Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thuglas, Feb 28, 2009.

1. thuglas

thuglas New Member

I have a JB ipod touch 2g,2.2.1.

I looked around and havent found an answer to this but ill give it a try. I have this setup to where i go to work and connect to the wifi there, then come home and connect to wifi there. A majority of the time I go to work and the wifi trys to connect and cant find the network(even though its there) so i forget about it and come home and it wont recognize my home network. This ONLY happens when I go to my work or sometimes certain hotspots. The only way I can fix that is to turn it off and back on, but i have the tethered JB and dont want to keep re-jailbreaking it. Any suggestions......thanks.
  2. flyinsqrl

flyinsqrl New Member

i have the exact same problem, it drives me nuts, anyone have any ideas?
  3. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried a app like WifiTrak?
  4. Slimfan

Slimfan New Member

I found a solution to this. You want to use a program called KeepAwake off of Cydia. This problem seems to occur when you are in another network zone and the touch awakes wifi from sleep mode. If you keep the wifi from going into sleep mode when you switch wifi networks, it should keep working. It worked for me. The only problem would be battery life. You can just switch it off using SBSettings when it is fully connected to the network and wifi is working. Just make sure you turn it back on when you go to another network.
  5. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    What I do is go into settings and change all connections to "static" and it should help.