Jailbroken Ipod Touch 1.1.4 upgrade?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by thylacine, Jul 24, 2009.

1. thylacine

thylacine New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I've got my touch jailbroke from quite a while back. It's still on 1.1.4 and I noticed that I've apparently missed quite a few upgrades. I never did it due to my concerns with losing all my applications and themes and such. Now I was thinking about upgrading it but still want the jailbroken aspect to remain the same.

So should I just download a new version and then jailbreak it again, or will i lose all my music and stuff? I can do without the apps I formerly used, they aren't that important anymore.

Or is their a much simpler option that I'm not thinking of?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If all your media is on your computer, your need not worry about losing anything. You can always sync it back to your device.

I strongly encourage you to update to 3.0. From there, you can do what you want, but it would be in your best interest to get up to date.
  3. ajaxx

ajaxx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i agree with axis. the process i am not to sure about as i dont know alot about jailbreaking yet as i am new to the idea. i do suggest you upgrade to 3.0 firmware, i have it and rekon its great

=D
  4. jtjordan

jtjordan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    where the heck where you? must have been a very nice vacation
  5. thylacine

thylacine New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I never really had a need to update it, I was under the idea that updating it would mess up what I had done to it already and I was fine with it with the version it was running, but I am now up to 3.0 and will attempt some jailbreaking now. Also loading it back up with all my old files.
  6. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i highly recommend sbsettings once your jailbroken

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. thylacine

thylacine New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'm actually have problems jailbreaking this one :O
    I've got redsn0w for mac 0.8 and when i get it going it just sits there saying "waiting for reboot". I was watching some tutorials to see what I was doing wrong and when you put it in dfu the last step makes the screen turn white briefly before the jailbreaking icon pops up and so on, well... mine just stays black.