"jailbroken" ipod nano 1st gen!

Discussion in 'iDevice competitors' started by Ethiopian, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You know you're jealous

Please Register or Log in to view images

Other images

Theme's name is classified blue stripes.

I did NOT make this by the way. Found it here.
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had this back in the day with V-hack to have a horizontal dock going on. Nano/5G iPod hacking was the forerunner to everything that happens today. I miss them days ):
  3. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, it was definitely different than just clicking "jailbreak". I assumed you used ipodwizard? It's not that hard though, just load up the firmware then go through the images on the device (menu, music, etc.) and replace them with new ones. Then write to ipod. I thought I would have to do a lot more. But yeah, I've had this ipod for about 5 years or so and it still works as good as it did when I first ripped open the box. Just a little scratched up (you should see the back of it). I really think I'm going to use this now. Haha now I got a 12 gigabyte ipod

4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah iPW was good, I remember the days when it couldn't directly write to the iPod and you had to edit a restore file. Not unlike how pwnage tool works, albeit in a simpler way

5. FailSafeIsntSafe

FailSafeIsntSafe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    IPOD WIZARD FTW. I was one of the earliest members there... in the good ole days. You should have seen some of the Ipod Video hacks and themes...
  6. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I remember my one friend in like, 7th grade had a 1st gen ipod video (having videos on your ipod was such a big deal back then) and he had firmware that looked like windows vista. Which is really odd considering vista wasn't launched until 2007 and it was 2005 when I was in 7th grade. I still remember sitting on his porch going "Jeff, you gotta show me how you did that man!" and he'd just go "Bob, I'm a hacker." Then he would just smile and leave it at that.

Good times.
  7. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I remember you from iPW! I started there and then went onto ipodhacking.com. I might buy an old iPod and see if I can revive the old ways

8. jotokun

jotokun Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Heh, iPodWizard was nice, but it wasnt "Jailbreaking". You want a jailbreak, you should try out either ipodlinux or rockbox. While the later was what killed my nano, it was pretty sweet having videos and doom on the device.

It also acted as a form of anti-theft, as I overheard someone near me once mention how he was going to "steal some kid's ipod but the screen was ***ed up", probably in reference to my blue and orange theme