Jailbroken ipod + Apple warranty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by MarcoPwnZ, May 3, 2009.

1. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok lets get to the point... i think that my ipods batteries are fried because it smells burnt and i cant turn it on... my ipod is jailbroken... I cant restore it or do anything to it cause everythings fried... the warranty for futureshop is expired and the only option left is apple's warranty.

Do you guys think apple will find out that my ipod touch is jailbroken? If so, will they fix it? What's the possibility of them replacing it?
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

If you're lucky, Apple will choose to simply replace your iPod (so that they can then sell it refurbished later), so they won't notice.

If they do notice it's jailbroken, then (obviously) theres not much more you can do, unless you choose to pay for repairs privately

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. malice9005

malice9005 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    they most likely wont notice same happened to my ipod and i took it into a apple store and they replaced it no problem
  4. *EvilTater*

*EvilTater* New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wow i guess the "o' button is the only thing that works on his keyboard. all his posts are like that
  5. iZ3RO

iZ3RO Member

Device:
    iPad
    lol
    thats funny