Jailbroken Ipod 2G 2.2.1 Bricked

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iMarc Rawr, Sep 7, 2009.

1. iMarc Rawr

iMarc Rawr New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Umm.. I'm new to this site so please be gentle ^_^ Ok..

My Ipod Touch 2G is Jailbroken and i Wanted a custom logo for boot up. I got LogoMe from Cydia and then used it to put a custom logo. ( Duh ! )

After, I opened SBSettings or SpringBoard. ( Slided my finger to the right on the top of the screen ) I then went on the power button then touched 'Power Off'. I tried turning it back on but it wouldn't. I looked up on google and in the forums but no luck. I tried all the methods of DFU mode but none of them work. My iPod isn't even recognized by iTunes niether my Computer can recognize. I did everything but when I try to Hard Reset it or put the iPod in DFU when it's plugged in, It just sais ' Device not recognized'

Please help =)

~iMarc Rawr
  2. iBurnToast

iBurnToast New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Throwing "Bricked" around...
  3. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Had the same problem with my 1G, i don't think you're doing DFU mode right.
  4. cmjdjm1

cmjdjm1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    once you've got it in dfu mode, try taking it back out of dfu mode by holding the home and power button till you see the apple logo.....bout 10 seconds or so
  5. richardarkless

richardarkless Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    put it in dfu mode

I dunno if this will work but whenever I have a problem where my ipod wont boot up, I just put it in DFU mode and restore then problem solved

http://limitededitioniphone.com/how-to-put-the-iphone-into-dfu-mode/

here is a tutorial on how to put it in DFU mode, DFU mode is where there is no connect to itunes logo on the screen
  6. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Right, so the first thing you need to learn is that an iPod can never be bricked. Ever. You can always do DFU mode and restore it.

You need to keep on doing DFU mode until it works. Make sure that the screen is black while in DFU mode, not showing a picture of the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  7. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    i never had problems with the connect to itunes logo showing... look DFU mode was hard to get into for me at first to, which was in june 2009, try this.... turn off your ipod (make sure its not plugged into your computer for now) if it isnt already (to do that hold the home botton and the lock botton at the same time till your screen turns black) then while holding the home botton plug it into your computer and itunes will recognise its in recovery mode. GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW IF U HAD PROBLEMS!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had the exact same problem i tried to let it run out of battery and everything but it never worked........but putting DFU on surely did......make sure u count ur seconds right(i didn't and sufferred 2 days without my ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

....) hold both for 10 seconds whilst ur ipod is plugged into the comp and then leave the power button but keep holding the home button till u here the usual ding on ur computer indicating a USB port being connected.......or simply use this http://limitededitioniphone.com/how-to-put-the-iphone-into-dfu-mode/
  9. iMarc Rawr

iMarc Rawr New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nah, I figured it out. I used My Sister's Laptop and then restored it then re-jailbroke it. So everything's ok now. ^^ Sorry for the useless thread.
  10. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    and for the record... the first time I ever picked up an ipt, I put it into DFU mode by watching a youtube vid of how-to. Worked perfectly. You just have to time it right. If unsure exactly what you're doing, or won't work when you try just watch a youtube vid.