jailbroken file system....but no cydia.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 0xjf, Feb 17, 2009.

1. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    okay well i know it says in the read me not to use saveenv. but the only way i can get my ipod to boot after the other commands is by entering these commands.

after i enter those, my ipod turn on (it's installed with my custom 2.2.1 ipsw) there is no cydia. this probably has to do with the way i booted it but i have two questions. one, is there a way i can not have to enter in the commands above when i'm booting? and two, why is cydia not there? thanks.
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You might have messed up on your firmware, make sure you did your Cydia right.
  3. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    what do you mean by that?
  4. Conizius

Conizius New Member

I got the same problem in the beginning.

Just make sure you copied the cydia files from the rslite directory right. If you just grab the CydiaInstall.bundle you likely overwrite files you don't want to overwrite.

Hmm oh wait your on pc right? Hmm okay I think the procedure is a bit different

Please Register or Log in to view images

Did you use ipsw to generate the firmware? Did you include the Cydia.tar?

If not just build an other firmware and restore it again

Oh and by the way: If you want the jailbroken system the command
    setenv boot-path /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/kernelcache.s5l8720x

Is totaly wrong. This will start the unpatched kernel.
    setenv boot-path /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/kernelcache.s5l8720p
    will start the patched kernel.
    And dont use saveenv...

And no there is no way in booting into the jailbroken system without commands. You may have a look at Decovery. This is a cross platform tool for booting the Ipod with a single click or command.

And I don't know where you got the setenv auto-boot true command from...
    I never seen it in a boot sequence and I never used it to boot into my system

Good luck