Jailbroken, few questions

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JosephF, Jun 15, 2010.

1. JosephF

JosephF New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just rejailbroke my iPod touch 1G, I like it but have some questions of things I would like to do do it etc.

1) I used shrink so I can have 5x5 on the springboard, can i make it so it doesn't resize the docked icons?

2) I've seen themes and mods that allow 1x1 on the springboard, is there anyway of having the first page 1x1, and the rest 5x5, eg have a Big Music button on the first page and my apps on the others?

3) What are the main springboard mods? i've seen weather which live updates, any for music, like "Music Controls" between the dock and the main springboard?

4) When I shrunk my dock icons, they moved the text from them down, half of the text is below the bottom of the screen, how do i fix this?

Thanks
    Joseph
  2. crash91

crash91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. Uhh idk instead of shrink you could use fiveirows and fiveicolumns or whatever its called.
    2. Umm yes it is possible, look up the iNav themes. Also to get custom layouts, I think you can use Iconoclasm, although you have to pay for it.
    3. Live weather is done by placing a Widget.html in the theme folder, which is like a "web page wallpaper". I dont think you can control playback from a html file, although if its possible, I'd love to have something like this.
    4. Dont use shrink? Or you can hide the Icon labels if you want, use the default winterboard theme.

To add to #3
    I use activator to get another way to control my music, while in other applications. In activator I've set "swipe statusbar right" to next song, swipe left to previous, and double tap to play/pause. A limitation is of course that the statusbar needs to be visible...
    If you want to check out widgets, there are a few delnoch themes which include widgets, also google "dbar mods". Some have really nice and minimalistic widgets. All you need to do is extract the required files, feel free to ask if you need any help with that. Although you should know that heavy themes can cause slowdown.
  3. JosephF

JosephF New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks, im thinking of iconoclasm myself,
    ill go try activator sounds quite useful
  4. crash91

crash91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah Activator is quite useful, you can set it to launch almost any app (in a variety of ways), pretty nifty.