Jailbroken broke?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by broganski, Nov 7, 2007.

1. broganski

broganski New Member

Hey, I was wondering...

Has anyone jailbroken their ipod tehn it broke; and when they went to return it they said the warranty was void?

If you manage to do a master reset would it work?
  2. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

I don't see how you can break it.. When I was manually jailbreaking my iPod, I was scared because I only had 300MB, but that was only because I didn't rename the files (the automatic jailbreaks does that for you). That was the closest I got to breaking it, but it was only because I didn't follow the guide correctly

Please Register or Log in to view images

But there isn't really anything to worry about if you Jailbreak it, if something does go wrong, then you can ask for assistance on this forum.

However, if you do break your iPod in anyway and want to return it to the Apple store, restore it before.
  3. mrnpod

mrnpod New Member

tomsabinm, were you able to do the restore process by holding the home + sleep buttons and resetting? I am asking coz it seems i am facing the same problem:
    capacity 300MB; free space 50 MB shown, but the restore thing just does not wanna
    work, the iPod always restarts after like 20 sec, even I release the sleep button once the icon appears. i tried both restarting after full power off, and also,
    forcing to power off by keeping the two buttons holding, then releasing the sleep button once the apple logo appears. thnanks"! cheers! mrn
  4. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Make sure your iPod is connected to your computer while forcing it into restore mode.
  5. RedStar

RedStar New Member

I haven't heard of any bricks yet (if that's what youre trying to say).

Maybe 1.1.2 might get some? I doubt it though.
  6. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

I forgot to do a step in the manual guide, but continued when I realized what I did.

But forcing it into restore mode should fix it.
  7. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yer i think that apple has given up on killing peoples stuff