Jailbroken; awesome but annoying... help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by craxydude, Jan 8, 2008.

1. craxydude

craxydude New Member

Hey

Please Register or Log in to view images

I jailbroke my ipod touch when 1.1.1 was the latest and I've loved hax0ring around with my I-Phone apps and having a unix terminal and games and all that cool stuffs0rs...but a friend who also had one told me to install Summerboard application in Installer because it was 'kewl' but I had recalled reading somewhere this Summerboard application that you can install uses more power and depletes battery quicker so I told him I wouldn't but then I did install it to see what it was. I did like that I was able to customize my background behind the menus and it's brightness but ever since then my I-Pod has been very annoying to use. Crashes all the time. After rebooting it would happen every time I used an app and then tried to use another app after that. The app would just close unexpectedly, I'd attempt to run the app again, same thing quite quickly. And then either 2nd, 3rd or 4th attempt to open and use the Application it completely locks up and I have to reboot. Repeat. LOL. not very fun at all... I dont use it for listening to music anymore because of this. I hardly use it anymore actually because of it.
    So ya. I decided I should start over. Install firmware 1.1.1 and do the quick easy jailbreak. And then install just the apps I like and use.

So yeah I'm on Windows and when I try to restore, it wants to force me to Upgrade to 1.1.2 on restore. I can't find easy to read/see info on how to easily on Windows restore to 1.1.1. I infact downloaded the 1.1.1 firmware file weeks ago for later use but not sure what to do! Please help

Also just wondering, do you pplz that have jailbroken I-Pod Touches experience regular lockup's/crashes??
    Can you guys listen to music on your I-Pod Touch and then browse the web in Safari at the same time (without the music just stopping unexpectedly or crash/reboot/lockup/etc)?

Thanks

If i could have a stable jailbroken I-Pod Touch with just a few solid apps (I-Phone apps, terminal, Stumbler, RSS, Apollo, etc) then I'd be super happy and start raving to everyone how this device is godly!

Thanks!
  2. craxydude

craxydude New Member

ok so i found info on how to restore to 1.1.1 I think covered in the document here and i will try this asap!
  3. badams1

badams1 New Member

Ive heard a lot of people say to turn off the "Dim Wallpaper" option in Summerboard. This has cured a lot of the crashing problems people have had.

Hope that helps.

BA
  4. HackerAlert

HackerAlert New Member

Good luck.

Make sure when you click Check for updates or whatever the button is in iTunes, that your holding the Shift key while doing it.

Guh, can't wait for my iTouch

5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

anyone one that uses that uber sweet 1337 speak (he used hax0ring) should just leave, just-just leave and mayb this stupid fad will finally die

on topic: good luck
  6. craxydude

craxydude New Member

Sweet

It totally did fix the random crashing/locking up symptoms!

Thank you!
  7. dekigo92

dekigo92 New Member

I never used that, but it's really bad that that's been causing all of the crashing. I sure hope they fix it in an update.