Jailbroken after a year... is it that great?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by traxxy, Oct 12, 2009.

1. traxxy

traxxy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey people!
    After waiting for about 2 years not jailbreaking my old school 1g ipod touch, (cause i was too carefull) I decided to give it a shot.
    Got the 3.1 update and eagerly waited for something like blackrain.

I got it jailbroken, installed Cydia, took a look around in cydia and the only thing I came across what was a real improvement, was the option to set your background, and to download new themes.
    I'm still not really used to Cydia since in the menu of 'themes' I could only find 3 of them, and when I searched for a specific theme name that I came across on this board, it ALSO found it, but wasn't listed in the menu.

except for themes, what makes the jailbroken ipod so good? I'm not really in need of 5-dock since I have a clean springboard, and I just don't see why people say they can't live without a jailbroken ipod,

Anyone care to enlighten me? I have a feeling I'm missing out on something big!

PS. title needs to say 'after 2 years'.... it's late!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    mainly utilities for me. like listening to iheartradio while surfing the web or playing a game. there are some cool apps that you can get, but nothing drastically different (imo).
  3. iHelper777

iHelper777 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1 reason is emulators that one reason why I jailbroke. Also winterboard, categories, backrounder, and MxTube are a bunch of other great apps. It's just better with more options/apps.
  4. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Click the Why Jailbreak link in my sig
  5. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i jailbreak to mod my ipod. like to change the wifi bars to 3G symbol, change the carrier text, nothing on my lockscreen, iPod.app, and i love my graffiti font. other than that i dont really use themes or anything.

Screenies: