iOS 4.1 Jailbroken (4.1) iPod stuck on Apple logo

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Philanthropist, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Philanthropist

Philanthropist New Member

Hey guys.

I recently jailbroken my iPod, last night it was acting weird so I did a reset (Settings>General setttings> reset) It said it was going to take about an hour. Went to bed then woke up and now it is just stuck on the Apple logo. It can get in DFU mode and that's about it. How do I get it working again?
  2. jmparagon

jmparagon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try using recboot. then kick out of recovery. or try umbrella and kick out of recovery too
  3. Philanthropist

Tried it and it does not work. Can I the steps to jailbreak it again? Would that fix it?
  4. jmparagon

jmparagon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    u have to go to DFU mode then kick out of recovery via umbrella or recboot. other than that. If you have the SHSH, you can update your fw again then jb again.
  5. Philanthropist

Thanks for your help but tried Umbrella as well and nothing. I'm new to this, in Umbrella it says that I can safely be restored. Is it ok to revert to an older firmware via Umbrellla? I just want the Ipod back up and running.
  6. jmparagon

jmparagon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that was my recommendation. if you ahve your shsh. then downgrade. i had the same situation. i updated my software to 4.1. then i downgraded it back to 3.1.3 with shsh. i'll stick with 3.1.3 till shatter releases.
  7. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  8. Philanthropist

Very true jmparagon. Could you help me with one thing though, for some reason the "Save my SHSH" button is greyed out on Umbrella. I saved my SHSH to Cydia, how do I get it. I apologize again I'm new to this. How do you downgrade? Is basically my question. Thanks again.