Jailbroken 2g battery dies- Now won't charge or sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by plea4peace, Jun 18, 2009.

1. plea4peace

plea4peace New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a 2nd gen, jailbroken of course. A couple of weeks ago the battery was really low but I kept using it and it died. I tried connecting it to my computer via USB where I normally charge it, and it does not even charge, much less turn on or sync. I bought a wall charger and tried that and it still does not charge. I tried the wall charger on a friend's ipod and it worked. I tried holding down the top button and home buttons while it was plugged into the wall charger and nothing. I can take it to apple and see if they will replace itsince it is only 6 months old, but it is jailbroken and therefore if they find out they will not fix it. I've searched these forums looking for answers, but nothing. All the helps online are for ipods that can turn on. Any help from you folks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. nuu

nuu New Member

=(

i know exactly wat u mean! im going through the same exact problem execpt the charging thing lol anyways it wont do anything!!! if i had to id restore my ipod and rehack it but i cant='(
  3. wong_sam86

wong_sam86 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Mine died about a week ago ..
    It refused to turn on even when I charge it using my computer or the wall charger ..
    I ordered another iPod touch on the day it died .. but two days later, I tried again and this time, I saw the battery icon ..

If you read the 3.0 manual for iPod touch, it states that

"Important: If iPod touch is very low on power, it may display one of the following
    images, indicating that iPod touch needs to charge for up to ten minutes before you
    can use it. If iPod touch is extremely low on power, the display may be blank for up to
    two minutes before one of the low-battery images appears.
    "

So maybe you should leave your iPod charged for two minutes or more

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPod_touch_3.0_User_Guide.pdf
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

i realized in one of the updates of Cydia for 3.0, Cydia seems to run in the background. it had literally sucked all the juice from my iPhone. i found this out when i exited Cydia, and used the Processes tab on SBSettings.