jailbroken 1.1.3 iPod touch will not play music

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rlb5118, Jan 28, 2008.

1. rlb5118

rlb5118 New Member

Hey if anyone could help me with this that would be great. I was listening to a song I downloaded from iTunes on my ipod touch today, and when I tried to switch the song, it would no longer play anything. The album art comes up, but the progress bar stays at zero. Occasionally it plays a song correctly, but only If I do a combination of dragging the progress bar, unplugging and replugging the headphones, and pressing the play/pause button. As I said, this only seems to work once in a while. I've also tried rebooting, syncing with iTunes, and re-adding the tracks, all with no success. My next step would be to downgrade to 1.1.1 and rejailbreak.

Also, I've noticed that if I'm in the music app and double tap the home button, it takes me to the phone app. I'm assuming this is some remnant of Nate True's jailbreak, but it was still odd. Does this happen on regular iPhones?

Anyway, any help would be great.
  2. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Which jailbreak are you using?
  3. mjhamilton

mjhamilton New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sounds like you may have used Nates jb method going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3.... I used a clean install 1.1.1-->1.1.2 and then the DevTeam 1.1.3 JB and no problems so far
  4. Katryss

Katryss Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i've got the same problem. it won't play videos either!

i downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke to 1.1.2 then used the Dev Teams 1.1.3 jailbreak. so it's not a problem with Nate's jailbreak.