Jailbroken 1.1.2 With invisible buttons + reduced functionality

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cheateate, Dec 22, 2007.

1. cheateate

cheateate New Member

Alright, I have a jailbroken iPod Touch (8gb) with quite a few apps (like 34 or so) that I got from the Installer.app . I'm not to sure why, since it more or less came out of the blue, but my iPod has (on occasion) decided that icons and sliders would not show. Infact, they still work, but I just can't see them- I have to rely on memory of where they were positioned. I can get my springboard to show if I hold one finger towards the bottom while another moves throughout the pages of apps and double taps on them. However, the apps are not all fully functional. For example, the Install.app doesn't show anything except the main page, the updates, uninstall, install, sources tabs I have to remember where they are. Even when I press on them, they pull up their info and such but I can't update or install anything because even when I press where the button should be, nothing will happen. The good news (I think) is that this invisible mode of buttons and sliders is often, but not all the time. For example, when I initially started writing this message, the iPod had been in this state for about 20 minutes. However, as of 5 minutes ago, it's fine. I tried a few things like reseting it, but since I haven't seen the apple logo and no fixing of the problem afterwards, I wouldn't say it's an effective method of "curing" it. I haven't tried restoring it, but then again, I'd hate to reinstall all 30 something apps and all my music and stuff.
    Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a double post, I didn't see another problem like this but I know that some threads slip my notice.
    Thanks
    CheatEate
  2. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

can you still access it through winscp or somehting?
  3. cheateate

cheateate New Member

Normally, yes, but I'm abroad for the next week and won't have access to a decent computer. Is there anything I can do otherwise? If not, then I'll be back with winscp in a week or so.
    CheatEate